Thread: Baytril

Default Baytril

Would it reduce its effectiveness if I was to puree a bit of banana to mix with it?

Whereas Nancy is not a 'hands on' bunny she has always been really good when she's needed eye drops in the past It was like having a large Will in for meds last night. I offered her water and a treat straight after but don't want her to be stressed.

Thanks in anticipation.

Thank You Jack's-Jane for my lovely new signature.

In a bit of banana will be fine
    Best of luck x

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
    I'm doing the Race For Life 5k in aid of Cancer Research on the 8th July. If you'd like to sponsor me, please do at the following link: https://fundraise.cancerresearchuk.o...e-for-life-204

Mama Doe Scrappy's Little Helper's Avatar

I found mixing baytril with banana worked really well for one of my bridge bunnies. He absolutely hated being handled, couldn't even stroke him. So rather than stressing him out by picking him up and syringe feeding I put a little bit of mashed banana on a little dish mixed with the baytril and he would lap it all up himself! I figured either banana does a brilliant job of disguising the taste or he actually liked baytril!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    [IMG][/IMG]

Bunnies: Snoopy and Chocolate Fudge Cake

At the Bridge: Scrappy My bunny mentor and the beautiful girl who introduced me to the wonderful world of rabbits

Peanut Butter My cheeky boy who came so far in learning to love and trust humans. If only you could have stayed a bit longer

Quote Originally Posted by Den View Post
    Would it reduce its effectiveness if I was to puree a bit of banana to mix with it?

Whereas Nancy is not a 'hands on' bunny she has always been really good when she's needed eye drops in the past It was like having a large Will in for meds last night. I offered her water and a treat straight after but don't want her to be stressed.

Thanks in anticipation.

I've had a rabbit on Baytril within the last couple of weeks, and I put banana in the syringe. I was almost mugged as it tastes so vile, but it helps a bit

Apparently strawberry Ribena is also good
    Please vaccinate your rabbits for RHD2 as well ..
    Two more house rabbit deaths just confirmed

Reliable, up to date advice on RHD2: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...40#post7012340

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    I've had a rabbit on Baytril within the last couple of weeks, and I put banana in the syringe. I was almost mugged as it tastes so vile, but it helps a bit

Apparently strawberry Ribena is also good
    Nancy doesn't like strawberries but loves bananas so I'll see if I can find a banana baby food puree in Tesco after work.

Thank You Jack's-Jane for my lovely new signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Den View Post
    Nancy doesn't like strawberries but loves bananas so I'll see if I can find a banana baby food puree in Tesco after work.

Mine love the bananas and blueberries when it comes to baby food
    Please vaccinate your rabbits for RHD2 as well ..
    Two more house rabbit deaths just confirmed

Reliable, up to date advice on RHD2: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...40#post7012340