Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Baytril

  1. #1
    Mama Doe Den's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,256

    Default Baytril

    Would it reduce its effectiveness if I was to puree a bit of banana to mix with it?

    Whereas Nancy is not a 'hands on' bunny she has always been really good when she's needed eye drops in the past It was like having a large Will in for meds last night. I offered her water and a treat straight after but don't want her to be stressed.

    Thanks in anticipation.


    Thank You Jack's-Jane for my lovely new signature.

  2. #2
    Warren Veteran daphnephoebe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    9,936

    Default

    In a bit of banana will be fine
    Best of luck x

    Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
    Even the strongest need to have a day of weakness

  3. #3
    Mama Doe Scrappy's Little Helper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,477

    Default

    I found mixing baytril with banana worked really well for one of my bridge bunnies. He absolutely hated being handled, couldn't even stroke him. So rather than stressing him out by picking him up and syringe feeding I put a little bit of mashed banana on a little dish mixed with the baytril and he would lap it all up himself! I figured either banana does a brilliant job of disguising the taste or he actually liked baytril!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    [IMG][/IMG]

    Bunnies: Snoopy and Chocolate Fudge Cake

    At the Bridge: Scrappy My bunny mentor and the beautiful girl who introduced me to the wonderful world of rabbits

    Peanut Butter My cheeky boy who came so far in learning to love and trust humans. If only you could have stayed a bit longer

  4. #4
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    40,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Den View Post
    Would it reduce its effectiveness if I was to puree a bit of banana to mix with it?

    Whereas Nancy is not a 'hands on' bunny she has always been really good when she's needed eye drops in the past It was like having a large Will in for meds last night. I offered her water and a treat straight after but don't want her to be stressed.

    Thanks in anticipation.

    I've had a rabbit on Baytril within the last couple of weeks, and I put banana in the syringe. I was almost mugged as it tastes so vile, but it helps a bit

    Apparently strawberry Ribena is also good
    Up to date and comprehensive info on RHD2:
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...16-Sept/page14
    An extensive guide to all things RHD2 - Please Vaccinate!

  5. #5
    Mama Doe Den's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    I've had a rabbit on Baytril within the last couple of weeks, and I put banana in the syringe. I was almost mugged as it tastes so vile, but it helps a bit

    Apparently strawberry Ribena is also good
    Nancy doesn't like strawberries but loves bananas so I'll see if I can find a banana baby food puree in Tesco after work.


    Thank You Jack's-Jane for my lovely new signature.

  6. #6
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    40,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Den View Post
    Nancy doesn't like strawberries but loves bananas so I'll see if I can find a banana baby food puree in Tesco after work.

    Mine love the bananas and blueberries when it comes to baby food
    Up to date and comprehensive info on RHD2:
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...16-Sept/page14
    An extensive guide to all things RHD2 - Please Vaccinate!

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •