• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Millie on route to vets

loobers25

Warren Veteran
Not accepted food this morning. Struggling to pee/poop :, ( :, (

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Just leaving anton vets, her glucose level was 23. Don't know what's triggered this as she ate her dinner at bed time and was ok? Put the food down this morning and she didn't run over so just scooped them up and took them to Andover? :, (

Just leaving anton vets, her glucose level was 23. Don't know what's triggered this as she ate her dinner at bed time and was ok? Put the food down this morning and she didn't run over so just scooped them up and took them to Andover? :, (

Thank goodness you moved so fast Loobers.

Sending all the vibes in the world for Millie xx

Giving her injectable metacam, midazolam and conceous xray

That's what I am thinking. ...I hope it's not a blockage xx

Well if it is the fact that you have acted so promptly by getting her straight to a Rabbit Savvy Vet means she has the very best chance of pulling through. You did exactly the right thing by her.

Guys I'm really sorry I'm really panicking. What if it's fur from grooming Toby? There's nothing else it could be other than gas maybe? Omg why is this happening

Last night she ate pellets, excel mountain herbs, oat hay, normal hay and dried marigolds

At vets, she would usually be off that table running around
673526492b26c33895fb63722d031f16.jpg

She is now receiving A* Veterinary care, of course you are worried, but there is every chance that she will be able to recover. Ingesting fur is 'normal' for Rabbits, their own and that of their companions. So try not to second guess what has happened (easier said than done, I know). Hopefully you'll hear from the Vet again very soon xx

Back