• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Millie on route to vets

Quess who's home :D
5437bdabb0acb5f3f54e55de24a86e2c.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-
Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Missy Bright Eyes :wave::wave:

It's Toby sulking under the chair, Millie is running around :D
760055fc961b661b9e18bbbf9837b19a.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
Oh I'm sorry Millie. I didn't mean to get you confused... I must remember to wear my glasses when looking at pictures in future.

Toby, why are you being moody? You're home and you can start remind mum just who boss is ;)

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Phew !! :D

Well done Millie :love: What a lucky girl you are to have a Human who knew how vital it was to get you straight to the Vet when you become very poorly.

It's Toby sulking under the chair, Millie is running around :D
760055fc961b661b9e18bbbf9837b19a.jpg

:oops:
My profound apologies! :oops: Geez, I am so embarrassed! :(
Either way, I am glad they are both home and hopefully by now completely comfortable again! :D xxxxx

I'm really pleased to hear Millie is doing so much better [emoji3] I agree with everyone that your quick action will have made all the difference.

I've found that when my bunnies have started to recover from a stasis episode the poos tend to be smaller than normal at first which makes it easier to differentiate their poos from their friend's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You are right, I have smaller size poops last night and this morning:D

:oops:
My profound apologies! :oops: Geez, I am so embarrassed! :(
Either way, I am glad they are both home and hopefully by now completely comfortable again! :D xxxxx
That's ok, the of them can be a harlequin blur :D thank you for caring about them xx

Sorry everyone, I have a question. Millie is doing much better. How long should I be giving metacam for? The vet said 5 days twice daily but seems a bit much if she has recovered? I'm going to give it to her tonight. Thoughts? P.s Millie is on 10kg two times daily. Xx
410df0aab615ab5f7682f87f140baf2c.jpg

Sorry everyone, I have a question. Millie is doing much better. How long should I be giving metacam for? The vet said 5 days twice daily but seems a bit much if she has recovered? I'm going to give it to her tonight. Thoughts? P.s Millie is on 10kg two times daily. Xx

I play by ear normally.

If she's still OK in the morning you could monitor her and only give it if she appears to be getting worse again provided you can keep an eye on her.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

To avert disaster, I usually give it for 2/3 days and then observe, and possibly tail off if all is going well :D

I'd check with the Vet again if possible. He/she may suggest tapering off the treatment rather than just stopping. Generally speaking though it is usually best to only give Metacam when really needed, especially if it is the higher dose range that is given.

As I said though, do check with your Vet first :)

Back