Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spring fever - anyone else?

Default Spring fever - anyone else?

So, female (spayed) bun has started already. Chucking everything around, digging frantically in litter tray, and dragging it (the large tray) around the run. She's pretty big so can be quite destructive!
    It's ony the second year I've had her and the first doe I've had so still quite new to this... it seems very early to be spring fever? But behaviour is just like last year.
    Going to do same as last year and use a storage box as a big litter tray, filled with loads of hay to dig around in.

Just wondered if anyone else had early spring feverish bunnies?

Wise Old Thumper

Yep, noticed it in one of mine. She got it last year, it's apparently caused by the increase in light (haven't noticed that myself)but they seem to know when we get passed the longest day. My rabbit is a small Nethie.

Wise Old Thumper

Perhaps that would explain the way Scottish & Southern Electricity are ......... us about again today!
    ...... and why an Amazon parcel due for delivery yesterday has still not arrived ..... grrrr.

Quote Originally Posted by Babsie View Post
    Perhaps that would explain the way Scottish & Southern Electricity are ......... us about again today!
    ...... and why an Amazon parcel due for delivery yesterday has still not arrived ..... grrrr.

When I saw you had posted, I for a moment imagined that it was *you* that had spring fever, Babsie
    Please vaccinate your rabbits for RHD2 as well ..
    Two more house rabbit deaths just confirmed

Reliable, up to date advice on RHD2: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...40#post7012340

Now you come to mention it, Treacle has been racing around like a loon these last few days, also she is moulting like crazy. I keep telling her to stop, she needs her fur, it went down to -13 here last night-silly bunny
    [IMG][/IMG]

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by Babsie View Post
    Well, yes, you've got to blame it onto something, I suppose.

Daphne is in a permanent spring fever

Phoebe however is becoming more active so I think she's due to show some signs soon

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
    I'm doing the Race For Life 5k in aid of Cancer Research on the 8th July. If you'd like to sponsor me, please do at the following link: https://fundraise.cancerresearchuk.o...e-for-life-204

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by tonibun View Post
    Well, yes, you've got to blame it onto something, I suppose.
    Indeed

Yes late December early January my Netherland dwarf I had once Rosie always got spring fever lasted 3 months of her tormenting her companion, who when had had enough used jump on bed and hide from me, when they where younger a few fights broke out and as one point I thought id never get them back together my last resort I shut them in bathroom, told them to sort themselves out, went in after half hour and they where both in harmony again laying side by side 😂

Toby has gone back to humping Millie a few weeks ago and I thought...Spring fever? But surely it's too early!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Bam & Charlie