Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Young Male White Lionhead (aggressive at times) - LEEDS

Warren Scout

My bridge bun Comet was aggressive, he used to growl and bite. He'd been in a large group of males who all attacked him and he had a ripped ear. I got him from a rescue, he'd been there for years as he was black and no one wanted him. I had him neutered and bonded him with Lucy. He was still growly but never bit me again and lived a long and happy life. He died last Year of old age. It's never too late and I think this bunny could find a friend. I hope you find the right home for him x

Thank you.

I am sure you are right.

I think with time spent 1 on 1 with a human he would become less aggressive. I think he scared, I obviously don't know what he has been through (apart from his previous owner actually releasing him and him returning on at least one occasion).

I sat with him this evening for a short time. He was nervous and ran over a few time but did not growl or bite. I just wish I had more time to spend with him.

x

How much does he weigh? (roughly) x

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Hi,

When we got him he was underweight at about 2.3Kg. He is now a little overweight at about 2.8kg. x

Quote Originally Posted by happybunny View Post
    Hi,

When we got him he was underweight at about 2.3Kg. He is now a little overweight at about 2.8kg. x
    Was he very aggressive when you tried to bond him with one of your bunnies?

I have a 2kg female mini rex she's very gentle but can be sassy, considering finding her a similarly sized friend, but she's so gentle bless her I don't know how she'd react to an aggressive rabbit (one of the reasons I'm not bonding her with my other two who are lovely but more lively let's say haha) x

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

He wasn't aggressive in the way he is with us. He was really interested and wanted to interact with the other bunny. He dug at the other rabbits back and the other bunny let him so he damaged the skin quite badly.

It turned out the other bunny was quiet ill so was not acting normally.

We would be happy for someone to take him and if the bond did not work out we would take him back.

Quote Originally Posted by happybunny View Post
    He wasn't aggressive in the way he is with us. He was really interested and wanted to interact with the other bunny. He dug at the other rabbits back and the other bunny let him so he damaged the skin quite badly.

It turned out the other bunny was quiet ill so was not acting normally.

We would be happy for someone to take him and if the bond did not work out we would take him back.
    Iíve heard of bonds failing, and Iíve had bonds upset when one of the bunnies is poorly, so that might explain his behaviour there?

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Wise Old Thumper

I am rather late to this thread, but I agree with Zoobec in that aggression can be an indication of an underlying health problem. My advice would be to have Bertie thoroughly examined by a Rabbit Savvy Vet. Things to consider may include Dental problems, ear problems, poor eyesight.

Some additional information here :

https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/rabbit-c...ssion-rabbits/

http://www.therabbithouse.com/behavi...ive-rabbit.asp

He is a lovely Rabbit and I hope that everything works out OK for him in the end.

''Never apologise for how you feel, it's called being real'' ~
    Anon

I took Bertie to the vets today. It appears to be his eyes. The vet checked them thoroughly and his pupils never moved. The light shone in his eyes had no reaction and neither did moving him towards objects.

I feel so bad for not realising.

:-(