• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Young Male White Lionhead (aggressive at times) -Chnage of plan- looking for n female

My 10 year old male bun has PTSD, he's always been aggressive to people & other rabbits. For 6 years he lived alone next to another rabbit. Then we tried bonding but he rejected all of them. When he was 8 I adopted a pair of year old girls.. took a week to bond & they've all been happy ever since. He's growley & lunges at people still, but the biting stopped. He's not so sensitive to touch now so I can stroke his bum when he faces away & he's ok with it. He even licked me once, I cried :)

Aaaanyways, moral of the story is it's never too late & it can work out. I totally get why you'd rehome him as your priority has to be 'your own' rabbits but you're also going to struggle to find someone to take him I'm guessing. I don't know what to suggest but maybe Gwen at Bunny Burrows can help (maybe even take him, I don't know)
10 years, Mason was only 4 and a half I wish he could have been lucky like your rabbit.

Poor little guy -- his sight issues will explain his behaviour. The right environment for this little one will be very important going forward. He is probably going to benefit from an experienced handler and a relaxed environment.
Never feel bad, it sounds like you have really kept on top of things to help this little guy.

Since we have become aware of his sight issues Bertie has been a much nicer rabbit. He does try and dig at my feet but he has not launched himself at me and bitten me! He is jumpy when you try and stroke him but his first reaction is not to attack.

He loves to wander around and dig. I just wish I had a single female to try him with :-( Hubby is adamant that is not a possibility. x

Hubby has agreed that we can try and find a neutered female to bond with Bertie :)

Big happy hugs for you & your OH . I'm so, so pleased for you & Bertie. I was so hoping he'd get a loving home, even better he gets to keep the one he has & get a girlie too xx

Back