Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lady Pips peeing habits at night

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    Hi there - I missed Pip's post!

When was she checked for UTI? Was it a dipstick test?

Providing all is well in that direction, has it only just started happening and has anything changed?
    Hi MM.

She was checked in August for a UTI. I'm not sure what they did, but I took a urine sample in and she got the all clear.

I think she's always done it. But we used to shut them just in their dog crate at night which had a hay floor so it was hard to notice what was going on until we cleaned them out. She loves to wee on hay, anything I put hay in or on gets wee'd on.

So we thought it was confusing her having hay flooring and hay in their litter tray, so we changed to blankets and just put hay into their litter trays.

Since then it's easy for us to see because it's on a white blanket! Its only near the litter tray though.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mervinius View Post
    Hi MM.

She was checked in August for a UTI. I'm not sure what they did, but I took a urine sample in and she got the all clear.

I think she's always done it. But we used to shut them just in their dog crate at night which had a hay floor so it was hard to notice what was going on until we cleaned them out. She loves to wee on hay, anything I put hay in or on gets wee'd on.

So we thought it was confusing her having hay flooring and hay in their litter tray, so we changed to blankets and just put hay into their litter trays.

Since then it's easy for us to see because it's on a white blanket! Its only near the litter tray though.

Ah, soft is wee territory for many bunnies also

Can you change the blanket for a piece of lino or something not soft but still has traction? I have use vinyl flooring, it has some grip.
    Please vaccinate your rabbits for RHD2 as well ..
    Two more house rabbit deaths just confirmed

Reliable, up to date advice on RHD2: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...40#post7012340

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    Ah, soft is wee territory for many bunnies also

Can you change the blanket for a piece of lino or something not soft but still has traction? I have use vinyl flooring, it has some grip.
    But what's odd is it's just one corner doesn't wee on the rest of the blankets!

We tried vinyl but Archie chews it so I'm wary of leaving an edge chewable to him.

When we covered the whole pen in it pip zooms so fast she kept sliding into everything!

I'm running out of flooring ideas.

This is their set up at the moment (please excuse the mess they have created in one day)

So they have two xlarge dog crates (just on the left of the pic) with blankets on the floor and a corner litter tray.

The big blue litter tray is were pip is currently weeing! She does her extra wees to the left where the yellow fabric is. (That's not normally there)

They little green tray we only use when they have free range otherwise Archie eats the plastic. Lol!!!!

She never wees anywhere else except that patch, unless I leave a pile of hay on the floor. Which is my fault I guess. Haha..

Any ideas what we could try next.

I'm going to try thicker folded fabric which someone suggested further up but need a day off so I can visit the fabric store.

How about a metal baking tray or roasting dish in the corner where she is doing the extra wees?

Quote Originally Posted by tulsi View Post
    How about a metal baking tray or roasting dish in the corner where she is doing the extra wees?
    Yeah I could try that. There second litter was a metal baking tray, but they got too big for it. I might still have that somewhere.

For now, I've put the blanket down but left the bit she weed with just the link showing from underneath. At least that's easy to wipe clean!

I sometimes had to weigh their litter trays down with half bricks!