• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Digging box

hoppetylop

Mama Doe
Im bringing my bonded pair,Max and Mabel :)love:) indoors in afew weeks to live in my spare (unheated) bedroom.Im really looking forward to it as they have lived there before and were very happy.The only thing is Mabel has recently developed a habit of digging out and completely emptying their litter tray all over the floor daily.I don't mind while they are in their outdoor enclosure but indoors could get abit messy.

I need some sort of indoor enclosed digging box type thing so that she can dig to her hearts content without it ending up everywhere.Has anyone any ideas?Ive tried different things in their box-hay,paper pellet things,fitch but its all apparently great fun to spread around the place!Love her!It would be great to find a solution before they move in but I want her to be able to dig too as she loves it and it is normal behaviour after all!

Last edited:
Could you try a big lidded storage box and cut a bunny sized hole in the side? It might contain some of the mess?

Love their names:love:

Im bringing my bonded pair,Max and Mabel :)love:) indoors in afew weeks to live in my spare (unheated) bedroom.Im really looking forward to it as they have lived there before and were very happy.The only thing is Mabel has recently developed a habit of digging out and completely emptying their litter tray all over the floor daily.I don't mind while they are in their outdoor enclosure but indoors could get abit messy.

I need some sort of indoor enclosed digging box type thing so that she can dig to her hearts content without it ending up everywhere.Has anyone any ideas?Ive tried different things in their box-hay,paper pellet things,fitch but its all apparently great fun to spread around the place!Love her!It would be great to find a solution before they move in but I want her to be able to dig too as she loves it and it is normal behaviour after all!

I have used a high-sided box, and put a ramp for the bunnies to jump into the box (and steps out if necessary). Has to be really high sided and quite large :)

What will you fill it with? :)

I have a home made soil digging box, had soil it but my buns used it as a litter tray so I took it away and filled it will play balls. It's quite heavy and strong. Unfortunately my buns don't use it so if anyone wants it they can have it. I would paint it with cuprol garden shades to make it look pretty, and protect the wood from outside. It was orginally built for my bridge bunny charlie who used to love digging in it. He would always have black paws from a good night's digging :D

bc769d27aa56b9a359b6b2ec1669122f.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I have a home made soil digging box, had soil it but my buns used it as a litter tray so I took it away and filled it will play balls. It's quite heavy and strong. Unfortunately my buns don't use it so if anyone wants it they can have it. I would paint it with cuprol garden shades to make it look pretty, and protect the wood from outside. It was orginally built for my bridge bunny charlie who used to love digging in it. He would always have black paws from a good night's digging :D

bc769d27aa56b9a359b6b2ec1669122f.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

That's lovely!x

Back