Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 58

Thread: Dental

  1. #11
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    35,328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glitterdust View Post
    I know he has. He is not as daft as he looks. "Oh, here's the slave coming, if I don't eat she will give me banana and fenugreek crunches and tickle my ears for hours at a time and spend all her time with me ." he will be the death of me this boy.

    Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

    Oh I really hope not!

  2. #12

    Default

    Jimmy has got fur loss under his chin and it's wet and red is this tooth related. I cancelled his dental till this following Monday because he started eating normally again, I'm in a tizzy because the rabbits are getting a new shed built on Sunday and I was gonna bring them both in the house Sunday while it was getting built and put them in there new home onSunday night. Jimmy's dental is on Monday, so shall I bring them in Sunday night and Monday night so I can look after him after his dental and then put them in the new shed. I am worried that them coming in the house and the vet visit, then the new environment is going to be far to much for them, then all the different temperatures . Am I overthinking things.. Everything is happening all at once. Help please, being the worrier that i am im in stress panic mode. Thanks in advance x

    Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

  3. #13
    Wise Old Thumper Jack's-Jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    132,808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glitterdust View Post
    Jimmy has got fur loss under his chin and it's wet and red is this tooth related. I cancelled his dental till this following Monday because he started eating normally again, I'm in a tizzy because the rabbits are getting a new shed built on Sunday and I was gonna bring them both in the house Sunday while it was getting built and put them in there new home onSunday night. Jimmy's dental is on Monday, so shall I bring them in Sunday night and Monday night so I can look after him after his dental and then put them in the new shed. I am worried that them coming in the house and the vet visit, then the new environment is going to be far to much for them, then all the different temperatures . Am I overthinking things.. Everything is happening all at once. Help please, being the worrier that i am im in stress panic mode. Thanks in advance x

    Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
    The wet sore chin is very likely to be Dental related. Could you call the Vet and ask if the Dental could be done tomorrow rather than leaving it til Monday ?

    It is usually advisable for a Rabbit to be kept indoors overnight after a GA. But there are always exceptions such as for a Rabbit that becomes extremely stressed in an indoor environment.

    Alternatively could you postpone the new shed building til next weekend ?


    A Rabbit Savvy small animal Veterinary Surgery in Twickenham, SW London
    https://www.twickenhamvets.com/

    Help for Romanian Rescue Dogs
    https://www.gofundme.com/helpforromanianrescuedogs

  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    The wet sore chin is very likely to be Dental related. Could you call the Vet and ask if the Dental could be done tomorrow rather than leaving it til Monday ?

    It is usually advisable for a Rabbit to be kept indoors overnight after a GA. But there are always exceptions such as for a Rabbit that becomes extremely stressed in an indoor environment.

    Alternatively could you postpone the new shed building til next weekend ?
    I have changed Jimmys appointment to tomorrow instead.The shed has to go ahead on Sunday as I have taken time off work for it. So when i get him home tomorrow shall I bring them both indoors just For one night to look after him then put them back in the shed on Saturday night and then back in the house for Sunday day time, While there new shed is being built.. It's always the same with me everything happens all at once. When Norah got spayed they stayed in the house for the week and Jimmy fretted to be back outside. Norah couldn't care where she Is. She would be happy on the moon .. I'm nervous about tomorrow now. Are dentals common practise in rabbits and are they as severe as a spay or neuter.. He only has tiny spurs need taking off. No doubt I will be panicking and asking for advice when i get him home.

    Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

  5. #15
    Wise Old Thumper Jack's-Jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    132,808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glitterdust View Post
    I have changed Jimmys appointment to tomorrow instead.The shed has to go ahead on Sunday as I have taken time off work for it. So when i get him home tomorrow shall I bring them both indoors just For one night to look after him then put them back in the shed on Saturday night and then back in the house for Sunday day time, While there new shed is being built.. It's always the same with me everything happens all at once. When Norah got spayed they stayed in the house for the week and Jimmy fretted to be back outside. Norah couldn't care where she Is. She would be happy on the moon .. I'm nervous about tomorrow now. Are dentals common practise in rabbits and are they as severe as a spay or neuter.. He only has tiny spurs need taking off. No doubt I will be panicking and asking for advice when i get him home.

    Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
    Dentals are a very common procedure and as Jimmy apparently only has some small spurs it should be a very straight forward procedure. If he hates being indoors then he may do better in his usual environment on Friday night as long as he has started to eat and poo and the outdoor accommodation is very well insulated. After a GA a Rabbit may struggle to maintain their body temperature.

    It's best to wait and see how he is after the GA as you cant make any definite decisions about whether he needs to be indoors or not until then. Hopefully he will be almost back to his normal self by Sunday x


    A Rabbit Savvy small animal Veterinary Surgery in Twickenham, SW London
    https://www.twickenhamvets.com/

    Help for Romanian Rescue Dogs
    https://www.gofundme.com/helpforromanianrescuedogs

  6. #16
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    35,328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glitterdust View Post
    I have changed Jimmys appointment to tomorrow instead.The shed has to go ahead on Sunday as I have taken time off work for it. So when i get him home tomorrow shall I bring them both indoors just For one night to look after him then put them back in the shed on Saturday night and then back in the house for Sunday day time, While there new shed is being built.. It's always the same with me everything happens all at once. When Norah got spayed they stayed in the house for the week and Jimmy fretted to be back outside. Norah couldn't care where she Is. She would be happy on the moon .. I'm nervous about tomorrow now. Are dentals common practise in rabbits and are they as severe as a spay or neuter.. He only has tiny spurs need taking off. No doubt I will be panicking and asking for advice when i get him home.

    Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

    Hi there and sorry you're in panic mode. I completely understand!

    I am glad you've got Jimmy's dental appointment for tomorrow now. I would bring him in - you've said you can keep him in a cool part of the house for one night? After a GA rabbits can't regulate their temperature so you don't want to risk anything happening. If they are going into a new shed immediately afterwards, that will be warmer than their previous accommodation, won't it?

  7. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    Dentals are a very common procedure and as Jimmy apparently only has some small spurs it should be a very straight forward procedure. If he hates being indoors then he may do better in his usual environment on Friday night as long as he has started to eat and poo and the outdoor accommodation is very well insulated. After a GA a Rabbit may struggle to maintain their body temperature.

    It's best to wait and see how he is after the GA as you cant make any definite decisions about whether he needs to be indoors or not until then. Hopefully he will be almost back to his normal self by Sunday x
    Thank you I feel better already. He is eating fine now but I noticed when he lifted his head up All down his chin in a streak is stained fur and it's wet underneath his mouth and pink.. He has had trouble in and off with his eating so I am hoping this solves all his issues. Thanks

    Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

  8. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    Hi there and sorry you're in panic mode. I completely understand!

    I am glad you've got Jimmy's dental appointment for tomorrow now. I would bring him in - you've said you can keep him in a cool part of the house for one night? After a GA rabbits can't regulate their temperature so you don't want to risk anything happening. If they are going into a new shed immediately afterwards, that will be warmer than their previous accommodation, won't it?
    Probably about the same. They are in an insulated shed now but my partner put it together and he's not the best at d.i.y and its a bit on the rough side so their new shed will be much better. I can keep them in tomorrow night while he's recovering that's no problem, but Jimmy is meant to be kept warm after a G.A but Norah won't need to be warm. so will keeping the heating off for Norah and giving Jimmy a snugglessfe be OK for both of them while they are inside.. On Sunday it will be no bother keeping them cool while their new home is getting built because I can plonk them in the sitting room and leave the patio door open, it will only be for a few hours. It's just tomorrow after the dental that concerns me most, they will both need different temps and I dont want to separate them. I'm Overthinking again probs but I just want to do the right thing by them. When I think what they have been through in the past , this is nothing really.

    Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

  9. #19
    Wise Old Thumper Jack's-Jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    132,808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glitterdust View Post
    Thank you I feel better already. He is eating fine now but I noticed when he lifted his head up All down his chin in a streak is stained fur and it's wet underneath his mouth and pink.. He has had trouble in and off with his eating so I am hoping this solves all his issues. Thanks

    Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
    That's OK. I am sure everything will fall in to place OK, but it is understandable that you are stressed about it all.


    A Rabbit Savvy small animal Veterinary Surgery in Twickenham, SW London
    https://www.twickenhamvets.com/

    Help for Romanian Rescue Dogs
    https://www.gofundme.com/helpforromanianrescuedogs

  10. #20
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    35,328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glitterdust View Post
    Probably about the same. They are in an insulated shed now but my partner put it together and he's not the best at d.i.y and its a bit on the rough side so their new shed will be much better. I can keep them in tomorrow night while he's recovering that's no problem, but Jimmy is meant to be kept warm after a G.A but Norah won't need to be warm. so will keeping the heating off for Norah and giving Jimmy a snugglessfe be OK for both of them while they are inside.. On Sunday it will be no bother keeping them cool while their new home is getting built because I can plonk them in the sitting room and leave the patio door open, it will only be for a few hours. It's just tomorrow after the dental that concerns me most, they will both need different temps and I dont want to separate them. I'm Overthinking again probs but I just want to do the right thing by them. When I think what they have been through in the past , this is nothing really.

    Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

    Yes, decide on a plan of action. Discuss it with your vet if needs be.

    I think your plan of keeping the heating off and giving Jimmy a snugglesafe is a good one

    I personally wouldn't want to put a bunny who had just had a GA outside overnight, as at least here the temperatures have dipped below zero. You can also keep a better watch on his eating indoors.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •