• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Dental

I have often mixed ground up pellets with some organic fruit or veg baby food and that has gone down well.

You can also give him the Fibreplex :)

There's some links here to inspire you ...

Some tips on syringing a rabbit either food or meds (same thing, but meds are quicker as there's less of it!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0dil7iQQCU

http://www.houserabbit.co.uk/pdfs/SyringeFeeding2014.pdf

http://www.towervets.co.uk/pet-factsheets/Factsheets/Otherpets/24_286509.shtml

I use a one ml syringe for just about everything, as I find it easier to manage :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQ1b49Qsgrk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfROVhKTMxI

You can also try feeding him fresh herbs, coriander, parsley and dill are often good ones :)
I have all this ready now for his return, I am on a mission. I might need a vodka to help to keep me calm along the way [emoji23]. OK going for him now. Just want my baby's back. I have missed them both so much. Poor Norah will be fed up.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

I have him home and he is fantastic, eating everything I give him without a flinch. I am so happy, he's even eating hay. No painkillers were needed the vet said now I know why. It was straight forward.

I have him home and he is fantastic, eating everything I give him without a flinch. I am so happy, he's even eating hay. No painkillers were needed the vet said now I know why. It was straight forward.

Such good news :D

Will you be able to sleep a bit easier tonight, do you think? x

I think I will.. He isn't as much of a wuss as what I though [emoji6]

So glad that Jimmy has recovered so well. Could it be perhaps that he was a wuss, but living with you and with Norah has resulted in him being a more well-rounded and confident rabbit?

Can i just update and say even though jimmy only had 2 very small spurs and no tissue damage they were obviously bothering him, I have what seems to be a different rabbit. No more drooling, no red chin, and he is bouncing and running around Like he has a new lease of life not to mention the amount he is eating. In future I know the signs and I wont hesitate to get them done before it causes any more discomfort for him.

Can i just update and say even though jimmy only had 2 very small spurs and no tissue damage they were obviously bothering him, I have what seems to be a different rabbit. No more drooling, no red chin, and he is bouncing and running around Like he has a new lease of life not to mention the amount he is eating. In future I know the signs and I wont hesitate to get them done before it causes any more discomfort for him.

We learn through these things :)

It could've been dental, or something else ... But now you know, as you say, forewarned is forearmed! :D

Is all still OK with Jimmy? :)
OMG. Jimmy has a new lease of life, he is into everything. Eating everything, breaking everything and he isn't giving me cuddles anymore because now he feeld ok he has much bigger fish to fry. He should of his teeth done ages ago. I know how x

OMG. Jimmy has a new lease of life, he is into everything. Eating everything, breaking everything and he isn't giving me cuddles anymore because now he feeld ok he has much bigger fish to fry. He should of his teeth done ages ago. I know how x

What a wonderful picture of him you create :love: He sounds like a tearaway now :D

What a wonderful picture of him you create :love: He sounds like a tearaway now :D
He always was but i forgot because his teeth obviously affected him gradually and I got used to him being different if you know what I mean.

Back