• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New setup- ideas needed

tiger_lily

Mama Doe
Hello, it's been a long time since I've been on this forum but I am in need of some advice in regards to a new housing setup for Oscar and Jessie.

Long story short- they are currently living in a Manor pet housing enclosure in our spare room, however I am now 18 weeks pregnant and this room will be turned into a nursery, so they will need relocating. We don't really have space in any other room for an enclosure indoors big enough, and free range isn't an option because we have two greyhounds.

I've been looking into hutches and would love to buy a Bunny Brothy from Manor pet housing, however I cannot afford it, especially with a new baby to buy for too! Plus, both rabbits are 8 years old now and we don't want to be spending hundreds of pounds on a new set-up if we may not have them much longer...

Another problem we have is it must come flat packed- when we moved house they were living in a 6ft hutch with attached run, but the only access to the garden is through the garage and there is only a very narrow door at the other end. The hutch ended up being donated to a local rescue just over a year ago as there was no way we could take it apart or fit it through.

The only other thing I could think would be if we cleared space in the garage for them, but it's really dark in there so would prefer not to do that either.

Any suggestions or ideas most welcome!

Hello, it's been a long time since I've been on this forum but I am in need of some advice in regards to a new housing setup for Oscar and Jessie.

Long story short- they are currently living in a Manor pet housing enclosure in our spare room, however I am now 18 weeks pregnant and this room will be turned into a nursery, so they will need relocating. We don't really have space in any other room for an enclosure indoors big enough, and free range isn't an option because we have two greyhounds.

I've been looking into hutches and would love to buy a Bunny Brothy from Manor pet housing, however I cannot afford it, especially with a new baby to buy for too! Plus, both rabbits are 8 years old now and we don't want to be spending hundreds of pounds on a new set-up if we may not have them much longer...

Another problem we have is it must come flat packed- when we moved house they were living in a 6ft hutch with attached run, but the only access to the garden is through the garage and there is only a very narrow door at the other end. The hutch ended up being donated to a local rescue just over a year ago as there was no way we could take it apart or fit it through.

The only other thing I could think would be if we cleared space in the garage for them, but it's really dark in there so would prefer not to do that either.

Any suggestions or ideas most welcome!

Roughly what sort of budget are you working with ?

Do you already have a large secure outdoor run that could be permanently attached to a hutch ?

Had you thought about a Wooden Wendy House that you could add a run to ?

How about looking on gumtree for a shed and then get a local joiner to add a run to it? My 6x8 ft run cost me about £100 from a guy I found on gumtree who made it to spec. Also home and roost do some large setups, they don’t look the best quality ( I don’t know as I’ve not used them) but they’re reasonably cheap and would last a few years.

Back