Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Urgent

  1. #1

    Default Urgent

    Right my two boys are both mounting each other and making loads of noise so I separated them but now the are thumping and trying to escape my parents are going mental


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Wise Old Thumper
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    130,488

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pepperandclover View Post
    Right my two boys are both mounting each other and making loads of noise so I separated them but now the are thumping and trying to escape my parents are going mental


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If they are not neutered then they are likely to fight when they reach puberty, (the Rabbits, not your parents.........!.) They will need to be kept apart until they are both neutered and then it might be possible to re-bond them.

    The thumping was/is because both Bucks are cross and frustrated. So it may be necessary to move them to entirely separate environments where they cannot see/hear or smell each other.



    ''Never apologise for how you feel, it's called being real'' ~
    Anon

  3. #3
    Wise Old Thumper
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    IOW
    Posts
    12,913

    Default

    Yes I agree. You will need to separate them or they could injure one another. Sorry.

  4. #4
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    32,684

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pepperandclover View Post
    Right my two boys are both mounting each other and making loads of noise so I separated them but now the are thumping and trying to escape my parents are going mental


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    I am guessing your boys aren't neutered? They are possibly coming to the hormonal age where you might think about getting them castrated. Do you have a good vet and have you discussed this with him/her?

    I should separate immediately, and once they are neutered, wait 4/6 weeks before even thinking of introducing them again
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...t-January-2018

    “Choose to be optimistic, it feels better!” ... Dalai Lama

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    I am guessing your boys aren't neutered? They are possibly coming to the hormonal age where you might think about getting them castrated. Do you have a good vet and have you discussed this with him/her?

    I should separate immediately, and once they are neutered, wait 4/6 weeks before even thinking of introducing them again
    The problem is they are so sad when not with each other they are both trying to escape by jumping out but they can’t jump high enough I think they are going to get seriously hurt


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Mama Doe MiniC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,959

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pepperandclover View Post
    The problem is they are so sad when not with each other they are both trying to escape by jumping out but they can’t jump high enough I think they are going to get seriously hurt


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Can you keep them in separate rooms for now?

  7. #7
    Wise Old Thumper tulsi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    15,239

    Default

    My two bucks fell out after being castrated (just after, my fault for putting them together too soon).

    I separated them completely (no sight sound or smell of each other) waited a few weeks and then introduced them in a neutral area (I also added two spayed does).

    They have been fine ever since and are now perfectly fine with each other.

    Bucks will fight to the death so you have done the right thing by separating them.

    Hope that they bond ok after a few weeks apart. Good luck.
    [IMG][/IMG]

  8. #8
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    32,684

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tulsi View Post
    My two bucks fell out after being castrated (just after, my fault for putting them together too soon).

    I separated them completely (no sight sound or smell of each other) waited a few weeks and then introduced them in a neutral area (I also added two spayed does).

    They have been fine ever since and are now perfectly fine with each other.

    Bucks will fight to the death so you have done the right thing by separating them.

    Hope that they bond ok after a few weeks apart. Good luck.

    That's interesting tulsi, as I have heard it said on here that once bucks fall out they can never be rebonded. I've not found that to be the case either, and neither others on here, so there's always hope
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...t-January-2018

    “Choose to be optimistic, it feels better!” ... Dalai Lama

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •