• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hi everyone

randomname

Young Bun
Thought I'd join up, been a lurker for many years.

We currently have 4 rabbits, a bonded trio of a 10yr old boy & 2 sisters who are around 4 or 5. They live in the yard in a 6ft double hutch in a 12 foot shed, connected permanently to 2 6ft runs & another 6ft hutch. to We've recently taken in a year old unneutered male called Jim who is currently indoors, but he'll be neutered & go outside in Spring. Hopefully he can join the others, but if not, I'll get him a friend & a decent set up.
I've had the oldest since 6 months old, the girls came to me around 3 years ago. We also had another (came with my eldest) who passed from GI stasis aged 6. I've been the crazy rabbit lady for about 10 years!

I've been active in rescue & welfare for most of my life, in herbivores especially for the last 10 or so. I help out on a degu/chinchilla forum. We run a small, small animal sanctuary from home. Aside from the rabbits we currently have 4 guinea pigs, 3 chinchillas, 3 degus, 2 dogs & a fat cat. Thank goodness it's a small house, or there would be more! I insist on larger than recommended set ups for all the animals, so that's one reason we have smaller numbers.

Don't know all the rules yet, so forgive me if it's not allowed but thought I'd show you the gang.

Here's the rabbits Zak, Janis & Joni : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAiHytqwM9Us4AEj_WEWfvVQnl6FBMNEg & here's the new guy Jim
fsL6jKL.jpg

Here's the piggies Flossy, Aaron, Bea & Heidi : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAiHytqwM9UtiPba7Db_sRpf1dpMyoGoI

Here's the degus Bo, Leadbelly & Jelly : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAiHytqwM9UswfDDdwivcPc-7UA5d6mOU

Here's the chins Sir Ian McKellen, Sir Patrick Stewart & Dame Maggie Smith :
s8wXSMv.jpg
g5210kV.jpg
UpqKddF.jpg

Here's the cat Fat Eddie :
ZaLkAlP.jpg

Here's the dogs Minnie & Stan :
P3aPvGq.jpg

hi :)

Hi everyone.
Newbie here. I posted a long intro last night, but seems it hasn't been approved or posted or whatever. Maybe I broke a rule?
Anyway, short story is that we currently have 4 buns : 10 year old Zak, 4/5 yr olds Janis & Joni & new guy Jim who is a year old. We run a small, small animal sanctuary from home. We also have 4 guinea pigs, 3 chinchillas, 3 degus, 2 dogs & a cat.
My areas of knowledge are welfare & nutrition, but I'm always looking to learn more & update my education.

I have been a lurker 'round these parts for years, found loads of great info & ideas, so I thought I'd join up at last. I think getting Jim as confirmed my crazy-herbivore-lady status so I might as well hang out with all the other crazy bunny people, right?

Thanks for the welcome guys.
Am I ok to link youtube videos? I can show you the trio if so. Jim is the guy in my avatar.

Hi and welcome to the Forum! I lurked for a while and then also decided I may as well come out as a crazy bunny lover lol

Newbie here. I posted a long intro last night, but seems it hasn't been approved or posted or whatever. Maybe I broke a rule?

Welcome to the forum.:wave::D

Your post went to the moderated queue for approval - we have some spam prevention set up but sometimes it doesn't like it when a new member adds links or photos to the first post so that's why it didn't post. I've approved it now and added it to your other intro thread so that everybody can see photos of your gang. :D

Hello! Jim is the double of my Bob. The chinchillas are adorable x

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum.:wave::D

Your post went to the moderated queue for approval - we have some spam prevention set up but sometimes it doesn't like it when a new member adds links or photos to the first post so that's why it didn't post. I've approved it now and added it to your other intro thread so that everybody can see photos of your gang. :D

I thought that might be it, totally understand. Thank you very much :)

Hello! Jim is the double of my Bob. The chinchillas are adorable x

Any ideas what breed/colour they are then? That's one area I have zero knowledge in :) His paws & ears seem large for his frame, they said he was a year, he's not a giant in disguise is he?! lol.

I loove the chins. The boys are friendly soppy souls, Maggie is kinda unique. She's 11, blind & very strange ;) We rescued her last year, tiny filthy cage. Thought she was on her last legs. Moved her to a massive clean cage & she's thriving. Totally crazy, pulls pranks but very skittish & could get herself hurt easily. Her fur changed colour & she changed personality. Love her to bits even when she 'gently' nibbles my hands.

Sad to say we now only have 3 piggies. We lost Flossy (the white one in the video) on Thursday night. She was 6-7 so we knew she was old but it was totally unexpected. She was 100% fine, then we found her passed away on her bed a couple of hours later. Her sister (Bea, the other hairy peruvian) is the same age so am watching her like a hawk. The whole herd has been silent since she passed. She was the matriarch, a real character. From Thursday til Saturday & I haven't heard a peep. They're acting/eating/drinking/pooping etc fine, just silent. I feel heartbroken for them & have no way to help them.

I'll never get used to this bit of it. It never gets easier. Poor Floss Boss. Poor Aaron, Heidi & Bea.

I just call him a ginger rabbit! I don't think he is a specific breed although I did see his dad and his brothers at the cat and dog shelter and they were all identical.

I'm sorry to hear about your guinea pig. It never does get any easier. I didn't see that post until I had sent the previous reply.

Jim is kinda ginger (been calling him Keith Lemon!) but paler than that. I'd describe it as fawn maybe. The only breed that looks like him that I've seen online is a Creme D'argente, they look exactly alike. Doubt he's a pure bred though - he's a gumtree 'free to a good home' bunny (grrrrrrr makes my blood boil) so probably a cheap pet shop bun I'd imagine. Not that I care about that kind of stuff, a bunny is a bunny :)

Back