• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Plush blanket

Ross

Warren Scout
Hey guys!! Just had some plush blankets delivered to work and thought my rabbits might love it to sit on with there playing out the hutch! I've heard fleece blankets are good! But I really don't know the different in types of blankets lol, is a plush blanket okay for them? Cheers :)

My lot would wee on and chew any blanket. Fleece is great indoors with an absorbent layer as a guinea pig cage liner. Some do use fleece (both the polar ie flat fleece and the plush kind that you are talking about) for rabbits but as I say mine chew it and use it as a toilet.

Also outside in a hutch any fabric may soak up the damp. Is the hutch inside a shed? If so that may be ok. Just keep an eye out for chewing.

ahh I see!! well I'm only intending to use it at the mo in there play area in a little box or house, cuddle area :D hahah

there hutch is inside all year round :) so ill defo let them have it whilst I'm around :D

thanks tulsi :D

No probs. An inside hutch. How lovely. Would love to see pics of your set up.

ahh I see!! well I'm only intending to use it at the mo in there play area in a little box or house, cuddle area :D hahah

there hutch is inside all year round :) so ill defo let them have it whilst I'm around :D

thanks tulsi :D

Yeah some buns will chew or pee on blankets but theres always the chance they'll be fine with it, hopefully that will be the case with yours.

good idea to try it while you're around, then you can keep an eye and take it away if they're chewing it.:)

I have old blankets in my run and the boys do seem to do little wee's on them - they do full wee's in their litter so not sure why we have the two types. As well as sleeping in the blankets and fleeces they also have a wonderful time pushing and pulling them around the run. I fold them neatly and put them in a pile and they do the rest.

they seem pretty uninterested haha!!

tulsi I'm getting them a new hutch soonish hopefully when there bonded :) then ill defo send some pics :D

Lucky they're uninterested in a sense.
I have to turn blankets into cushions for the girls... if it's just a blanket they pee on it and chew to pieces.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Back