Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mites...(UPDATE AND NEW QUESTION)

Default Mites...(UPDATE AND NEW QUESTION)

Just found what I believe has to be mites on clover. Is there anything I can do? (Other than a very visit for xeno Im assuming)

Feeling rather rotten right now
    Last edited by Charmednm; 07-01-2018 at 10:43 AM.

Wise Old Thumper

Can you see what looks like dandruff? If so, Xeno is suitable. Hope they clear up soon.

Yeah there’s two little bald spots and quite a bit of flaking. We only discovered it when we were clippinger her nails. Feeling rotten as i have a horrible feeling they’ve been there for a bit. But she hasn’t been different, doing everything normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmednm View Post
    Just found what I believe has to be mites on clover. Is there anything I can do? (Other than a very visit for xeno Im assuming)

Feeling rather rotten right now

Don't feel rotten!

You can get Xeno over the counter

http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/Skin_di...e/fur_mite.htm

https://www.viovet.co.uk/Pharmaq_Ive..._Drops/c19097/

The treatment is usually repeated three times, at two week intervals, on all rabbits living together.

Hope this helps
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...t-January-2018

Choose to be optimistic, it feels better! ... Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    Don't feel rotten!

You can get Xeno over the counter

http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/Skin_di...e/fur_mite.htm

https://www.viovet.co.uk/Pharmaq_Ive..._Drops/c19097/

The treatment is usually repeated three times, at two week intervals, on all rabbits living together.

Hope this helps
    So you dont think I need to actually see the vet?

Should I buy and then treat? And if not better in say two weeks then see vet? After a good bit of research I’m sure it’s mites. And other than the balding, flaking and scratching (when I comb through the areas) she is completely normal (eating drinking, pooping)

Should I buy and then treat? And if not better in say two weeks then see vet? After a good bit of research Im sure its mites. And other than the balding, flaking and scratching (when I comb through the areas) she is completely normal (eating drinking, pooping)
    Yes. If there is absolutely no improvement after 2 weeks or its getting worse of you're just worried, pop to the vets before applying the 2nd treatment. (If you apply another treatment before vets they can't do anything for you).

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by daphnephoebe View Post
    Yes. If there is absolutely no improvement after 2 weeks or its getting worse of you're just worried, pop to the vets before applying the 2nd treatment. (If you apply another treatment before vets they can't do anything for you).

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
    Great thanks! My girl poppy had ear mites year and years ago, and they treated her with xeno. And if I can treat myself I’d rather do that than stress her with the vet unless absolutely nessecary as she proper huffs after vet visits and refuses to eat then that stresses me.

Should I buy and then treat? And if not better in say two weeks then see vet? After a good bit of research Im sure its mites. And other than the balding, flaking and scratching (when I comb through the areas) she is completely normal (eating drinking, pooping)

It depends on whether you feel you've correctly identified the mites

You could do as you say, and go back after two weeks, though you may not see an improvement until after the second dose, so a month's time

Mites is usually a symptom of a rabbit's immune system being a bit low, so keep your eye out for anything else that might be going on at right now
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...t-January-2018

Choose to be optimistic, it feels better! ... Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    It depends on whether you feel you've correctly identified the mites

You could do as you say, and go back after two weeks, though you may not see an improvement until after the second dose, so a month's time

Mites is usually a symptom of a rabbit's immune system being a bit low, so keep your eye out for anything else that might be going on at right now
    I will do thank you!

So since applying the ivermectin I’ve noticed a lot less itching and she’s that wee tiny bit more active, so
    I’m guessing she’s not bothered as much. She still won’t let me near her back with a hand or a brush. So I have a question about what happens to the mites. Do they just die and fall off or do I need to get a specific type of comb when she finally lets me bear her. Or can I get special bathing wipes?