• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding a foursome or fivesome

Hi everyone happy new year to you all, I really would appreciate some advice. I have a happily bonded trio who have been bonded for about 5 months now. However I went into Pets at Home on Thursday to buy some toys and met the most adorable little boy in the adoption section. I started talking to him and he was binkying, I just could not leave him in there alone. We adopted him and he’s now living alone in our kitchen. My trio live mainly in the lounge but have free range but we’ve put gates between them. We’re seeing the vet on Thursday for his vaccinations and hopefully then we will find out when he can be neutered as he is only about 4 months old according to the staff at Pets at Home but they weren’t very helpful or sure of anything. I love him so much already. We renamed him Rex, his name was Nick.
Anyway my main question is: do I try and bond him with a female once neutered and then bond them as a pair into the group? Or will he be ok being bonded into the group on his own? If it doesn’t work out I will be able to let them live separately but I just don’t want him to be alone. He’s so affectionate and happy to be out of that horrid cage. I really want to give him the happiest life possible. Thanks so much for any advice you can give me.

Personally I would try bonding him with your trio once he’s ready and if that doesn’t work out then look at getting him a friend. I think bonding a pair to a trio might be more difficult than adding a single to a trio, but I have to add I’ve never done it so I may be totally wrong!

aww, what a lovely start to the New Year for Rex.
Personally I would try bonding him with your trio once he’s ready and if that doesn’t work out then look at getting him a friend. I think bonding a pair to a trio might be more difficult than adding a single to a trio, but I have to add I’ve never done it so I may be totally wrong!

I agree

Lovely x

Personally I'd start with trying to bond him into the trio once ready, then if that fails getting him a friend to bond with as has already been suggested x

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Back