• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

~ Candle Ceremony ~ New Year's Eve 2017

MimzMum

Wise Old Thumper
Hello everyone,
It's that time of year again when we make a thread dedicated to remembering our loved ones we have lost over the recent year. I hope no one minds if I begin this thread at this time today, circumstances beyond my control will not afford me another opportunity.

If possible could a mod or buddy sticky this so it can stay at the top of the Rainbow Bridge for the time being? Thank you. :)

Please feel free to post pictures, thoughts, memories and if you wish, a virtual candle or link to one that represents the loved one you are thinking of this evening. This doesn't have to be a rabbit of course, I have seen beloved family members and other pets remembered here.

And may 2018 be a better year for us all, with much happiness and peace. :love:

Remembering my beautiful bunnies: Pip, Mimzy and Fiver. There are no words to express how very much I miss the three of you. :cry:
z3q1vAi.jpg

My daughter painted this for me as a Christmas gift.

Sleep well my lovelies, blanketed in Forget-Me-Nots, until we meet again. xxxxxxxxxx

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Thank you for making this thread. Thinking of everyone who has lost pets this year xx

I will be remembering Glenn, Beano, Penny and our family dogs Maesey May and Rosie who all left for the bridge in 2017 xx

IMG_20170626_234739146 by Hliz, on Flickr

I can't add pictures of the dogs right now from my tablet, remembered and missed every day :love:

Thankyou for making this thread:love:

Thinking of everyone who has sadly lost pets xx

I will be remembering Boots who we lost this year :cry: xx
PsC0QcO.jpg

Thank you for making a wonderful thread.
Thinking of all those who lost dear pets this year. Pets who were special to us in all ways.
I will always remember Ben (the harlequin) and his wife-bun Georgina who I lost in September. They were a uniquely bonded pair who came from very separate backgrounds but who shared a special love that we could only envy. Ben adored and worshiped his bun-wife, protecting her and putting her first. Ben had a real zest for life and was larger than life. He was utterly friendly and had unique characteristics. I remember them every day. They both took a piece of my heart with them when they left. I will forever remember them and miss them dearly each and every single day. Sleep well you beautiful bunnies and thank you for allowing me to share you unique world. xxxxxx

Ben is the first image, then photos of Ben and Georgina as they often were
Njm2ql6.jpg

ZCHY4DC.jpg

1z7LOyb.jpg

NqsRCgL.jpg

uY1Wpku.jpg

Remembering my beautiful Bramble and Parsley. Binky free little ones. Remembering all the other beautiful animals that have passed too xxx

Thinking of all those sadly lost this year ❤❤❤, i requested the thread be stickied for you x

Last edited:
No furry losses in our family this year

However sadly we’ve just had to deal with the loss of a wonderful human as my Grandad passed away on the 6th December, he’ll be greatly missed as he was one of the nicest people you could meet and meant so much to us all :(

Thinking of all those sadly lost this year ❤❤❤, i requested the thread be stickied for you x

Thank you, Lisa :love:
Thinking of everyone who has lost loved ones this year, and remembering them with you. May their spirits continue on with us and watch over us in this New Year.

1ba68229af04fabb0c6d31ebb30bcd14.jpg
9b535391e45c91e8409af20893ab7104.jpg

Remembering my Charlie bear - I miss you everyday my baby boy. And my special bam, I miss you so much.

Also my little polly pocket, my two ex batt hens, my bantams - lavender girl, Betty and vera, and my hamster.

Please let 2018 be a better year for us, I can't bear anyone else to cross the bridge.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Remembering my beautiful baby Oliver (The Bead) (7.5 years old) who I said goodbye to in July. I still can't believe you are gone my tiny gorgeous angel. Hope you are all together my babies .

Yan and Tan, you came to me together and you almost left me together, my gentle girlie and my bouncy boykin :love:

The magic of you and the loss of you will remain with me always.

Feisty, sweet Iris bunny, who came to me poorly but had such a spirit. Arce's got plenty of company now, lovely, but we'll always miss you, our Silly Goose. xxx

Also the guinea pigs who left this year: Alpha, Beta, Gamma, and Epsilon Cumin. We didn't spend long enough with any of you.

I am also remembering all of my losses from previous years, and are still with me in spirit. I hope 2018 will be kind to the Wayward Buns.

Back