Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rabbit biting advice needed

Quote Originally Posted by Compass View Post

Wow!!!
    I am sorry not to have read the thread yet, but I was stopped and bowled backwards by your wonderful set up

Why does it say 'readersheds.co.uk' at the bottom - do you work for them or have you just won a prize?
    RHD2 info updated: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...-December-2017

“Choose to be optimistic, it feels better!” ... Dalai Lama

No advice, but my boy bunny bites and has digestive issues vets thinks megacolon - he really bites, draws blood but sometimes he grooms me now... I don't pick him up and have been slowly gaining his trust I don't reach into his cage anymore because he lunges. Sounds terrible but I drop food in and water is taken out quickly when he's somewhere else and hay gets put in, in such a high quantity he can't get to my hand through the hay.. I noticed that once I give him a new toy and he claims it, if I was to go to pick it up he lunges at me also. Its kinda rubbish really but everyday with time it has improved.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    Wow!!!
    I am sorry not to have read the thread yet, but I was stopped and bowled backwards by your wonderful set up

Why does it say 'readersheds.co.uk' at the bottom - do you work for them or have you just won a prize?
    I entered it into shed of the year a couple of years ago. Channel 4 rang me to ask more about it but I got pipped to the post by a crocodile shed (which I thought was a bit rubbish) I think a crocodile probably seemed a bit cooler than fluffy bunnies
    A collector of Rescue Bunnies 'Brie', 'Biscuit', ''Bagel' and Newbie 'Pumpkin'

Binky in Peace Pedney, Cheddar and Pickle

Quote Originally Posted by Graciee View Post
    No advice, but my boy bunny bites and has digestive issues vets thinks megacolon - he really bites, draws blood but sometimes he grooms me now... I don't pick him up and have been slowly gaining his trust I don't reach into his cage anymore because he lunges. Sounds terrible but I drop food in and water is taken out quickly when he's somewhere else and hay gets put in, in such a high quantity he can't get to my hand through the hay.. I noticed that once I give him a new toy and he claims it, if I was to go to pick it up he lunges at me also. Its kinda rubbish really but everyday with time it has improved.

We think pumpkin has megacolon too, wonder if it makes them sensitive? We have to shuffle him down the tunnel in order to clean his hutch otherwise he chases us and lunges ! It's reassuring to hear yours is getting a little better, hopefully with time ours will gain trust with us and be less nippy!
    A collector of Rescue Bunnies 'Brie', 'Biscuit', ''Bagel' and Newbie 'Pumpkin'

Binky in Peace Pedney, Cheddar and Pickle

Quote Originally Posted by Compass View Post
    We think pumpkin has megacolon too, wonder if it makes them sensitive? We have to shuffle him down the tunnel in order to clean his hutch otherwise he chases us and lunges ! It's reassuring to hear yours is getting a little better, hopefully with time ours will gain trust with us and be less nippy!
    Yea who knows - I was discussing with my vet about gut bacteria, digestive issues - and effects that can have on mental health. For humans of course haha but don't know enough about it all to come up with absolutes.

Also, since bringing my boy inside he's got better I think because he's around us all more (had hutch issues which meant he had to come in til I fix them) - he's bitten me far less though since living inside