• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Attaching hutch to run

Hi,

I would like to attac the hutch to a run using pipping. I have a connecting kit, but cannot work out how to cut a hole in the hutch and the run to attach the connectors. I’m worried that if I just saw it, that will leave sharpe edges.

Thanks

Do you have a runaround kit? When I had outdoor bunnies we fitted runaround tunnels, hubby cut the hole with a jigsaw and sanded round the hole to make sure it was ok :thumb:

Well, sandpaper, a file or wood rasp will take care of any sharp edges or splinters after sawing the holes. If you are not used to work with those tools wear tough gloves to prevent splinters.

I used cardboard pipes used for carpets as connecting tunnels, they last for years even outside - as long as the bunnies do not decide to tear them to shreds....:roll:

Last edited:
Do you have a runaround kit? When I had outdoor bunnies we fitted runaround tunnels, hubby cut the hole with a jigsaw and sanded round the hole to make sure it was ok :thumb:

Exactly this. Draw on the wood slightly smaller than you need - you can then just sand/file it down as you need.

Thanks All,

Can I just ask, would this work the same with mesh?

For mesh you probably need the runaround connector plate, we had that for the run end of the system, it’s a very strong weldmesh square plate with a square hole ready cut to accept a runaround door. You need to cut a square hole to match in your mesh, filing down sharp edges.

Back