Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: More stasis (kind of a rant)

Thank you Omi xx
    My bunnies:
    Willow - Cinnamon (see avatar) (f) ~ Sleep peacefully my beautiful girl <3
    Maple - Standard Rex (f) - Sleep in peace sweetheart. I'm so sorry.
    Jazzie - Dutch (f)
    Lunar - Lionhead (f)
    Pixel - Netherland Dwarf (m)
    Cody - Dwarf Lop (m)
    Mishka - Dwarf Lop (f)
    Snowflake (aka Angel) - Lionhead (crossed w/dwarf?) (f)
    Honey - Angora x? (f)
    Pinot - Dwarf Lop (m)

Quote Originally Posted by ~ILoveMyBunny~ View Post
    Don't want to bother you all with this but just in case anyone was wondering about him my little boy is back home
    And better yet he's eating Apparently he passed a lot while he was there and was eating on his own but since he's been home he's had some veg, a couple of pellets and some hay and he's eating quite enthusiastically. He's very bouncy too. Only problem is they've left the catheter in his ear as he's going back first thing in the morning. He's already shaking his head and scratching and from previous experience with Snowflake we're taking bets on how long it's going to stay in.
    Plan is to readmit tomorrow and possibly do dentals. They have a locum in so it will probably be her.
    Anyway, so far he's doing well since he's been home so I'm thankful for that

Good news

I hope the dental goes well tomorrow x
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...t-January-2018

“Choose to be optimistic, it feels better!” ... Dalai Lama

All the best for tomorrow x

**created by my DD Lionheadlop**

Wise Old Thumper

Sending more vibes for your little boy's dental today.

Lots of vibes for a successful dental & recovery

Wise Old Thumper

I hope all goes well for Cody today xx

''Never apologise for how you feel, it's called being real'' ~
    Anon

Thank you all xx
    Thing's have gone better than expected - he's home with us now
    The locum vet was excellent and I got the impression she knew a lot about rabbits. She was very thorough and was happy with how he's been doing. She looked at his mouth and said actually she didn't think they needed doing. She said the tops are fine, the bottoms have some vertical spurs but that they're not too bad (which is different to what we were told yesterday) but that she wasn't keen to do a dental as he'd obviously been ill yesterday and she said it would be putting him under for 'basically nothing'. Going on how well he's been going through food overnight and this morning (including massive amounts of hay and some oat readigrass I bought as a treat) I think it's best we see how he goes. At the moment he's a little stressed from the visit but he's been eating hay since we've been in and this morning he virtually took my fingers off eating pellets
    He's got some ranitidine to keep him going but he's being seen again on the 8th by my normal rabbit vet for his myxo/rhd1 vaccination so assuming he doesn't go down again before that I'll ask her to have a look and see if she thinks they're going to need doing or not. But for the moment at least everything's looking good and he's eating a lot (as well as leaving a lot )
    My bunnies:
    Willow - Cinnamon (see avatar) (f) ~ Sleep peacefully my beautiful girl <3
    Maple - Standard Rex (f) - Sleep in peace sweetheart. I'm so sorry.
    Jazzie - Dutch (f)
    Lunar - Lionhead (f)
    Pixel - Netherland Dwarf (m)
    Cody - Dwarf Lop (m)
    Mishka - Dwarf Lop (f)
    Snowflake (aka Angel) - Lionhead (crossed w/dwarf?) (f)
    Honey - Angora x? (f)
    Pinot - Dwarf Lop (m)

Wise Old Thumper

Thank you all xx
    The locum vet was excellent and I got the impression she knew a lot about rabbits. She was very thorough and was happy with how he's been doing. She looked at his mouth and said actually she didn't think they needed doing. She said the tops are fine, the bottoms have some vertical spurs but that they're not too bad (which is different to what we were told yesterday) but that she wasn't keen to do a dental as he'd obviously been ill yesterday and she said it would be putting him under for 'basically nothing'. Going on how well he's been going through food overnight and this morning (including massive amounts of hay and some oat readigrass I bought as a treat) I think it's best we see how he goes. At the moment he's a little stressed from the visit but he's been eating hay since we've been in and this morning he virtually took my fingers off eating pellets
    He's got some ranitidine to keep him going but he's being seen again on the 8th by my normal rabbit vet for his myxo/rhd1 vaccination so assuming he doesn't go down again before that I'll ask her to have a look and see if she thinks they're going to need doing or not. But for the moment at least everything's looking good and he's eating a lot (as well as leaving a lot )
    Great news, I hope that his output is looking good too xx

''Never apologise for how you feel, it's called being real'' ~
    Anon

Thank you all xx

Rabbits are so difficult aren't they?

With spurs, some rabbits can tolerate a lot of discomfort in their mouth and not complain, and others can't bear anything. I am glad that he's doing well and will get another check over soon.

Such a shame they can't have a local dental anaesthetic like we do
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...t-January-2018

“Choose to be optimistic, it feels better!” ... Dalai Lama

Wise Old Thumper

This seems a very sensible result I hope that Cody continues to have good in and output