Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 49

Thread: Ear infection

  1. #21

    Default

    Thank you everyone. Will take a look at the Facebook groups. They've started him on a different antibiotic today xxx

  2. #22
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    37,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mariposa View Post
    Thank you everyone. Will take a look at the Facebook groups. They've started him on a different antibiotic today xxx

    I hope it works for him

    Which one is it?
    Reliable and up to date info on RHD2:
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...RHD2-July-2018

  3. #23
    Wise Old Thumper
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    12,377

    Default

    Sending loads of vibes for your little one.

  4. #24

    Default

    He's home! Nystagmus gone but still got head tilt. He's on the antibiotic depocillin and a whole host of other drugs xxx

  5. #25
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    37,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mariposa View Post
    He's home! Nystagmus gone but still got head tilt. He's on the antibiotic depocillin and a whole host of other drugs xxx

    What I do is a gentle massage of the neck, as once the muscle has gone into spasm, you need to re-educate it to be 'normal' again. You can gently warm up the muscles with massage.


    http://www.disabledrabbits.com/massage.html

    http://www.disabledrabbits.com/physical-therapy.html
    Reliable and up to date info on RHD2:
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...RHD2-July-2018

  6. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    What I do is a gentle massage of the neck, as once the muscle has gone into spasm, you need to re-educate it to be 'normal' again. You can gently warm up the muscles with massage.


    http://www.disabledrabbits.com/massage.html

    http://www.disabledrabbits.com/physical-therapy.html
    Do you mean to help with the head tilt? I'd be afraid of hurting him! xx

  7. #27
    Mama Doe
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    oxfordshire
    Posts
    3,557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mariposa View Post
    He's home! Nystagmus gone but still got head tilt. He's on the antibiotic depocillin and a whole host of other drugs xxx
    Very glad hes on Depocillin.That helped my bunny a lot.We also had him on Septrin sometimes.

  8. #28
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    37,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mariposa View Post
    Do you mean to help with the head tilt? I'd be afraid of hurting him! xx

    Yes I have managed to straighten bunnies' heads, but I can appreciate you need to be very careful.

    I think I might just be judged by some for saying that, but I've said it anyway
    Reliable and up to date info on RHD2:
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...RHD2-July-2018

  9. #29
    Wise Old Thumper Jack's-Jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    134,159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mariposa View Post
    He's home! Nystagmus gone but still got head tilt. He's on the antibiotic depocillin and a whole host of other drugs xxx
    I'm glad to hear that the nystagmus resolved and I hope that he responds well to all of his medication. Something you may want to consider for the future to try to help his head tilt is Acupuncture. My Vet has carried this out on several of my Rabbits over the years for a variety of conditions.

    https://www.twickenhamvets.com/acupuncture/

    Also, a Veterinary Physiotherapist may be useful to consult

    http://www.helpinghandsvetphysio.co.uk/rabbits/


    Twickenham Veterinary Surgery- Competent and compassionate Rabbit Savvy Vets in SW London
    https://www.twickenhamvets.com/

    Two Californian X Rescues in Need of their forever home, can you be their Special Human ?
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...-Californian-X

  10. #30
    Warren Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    9,809

    Default

    I'm glad he is back home x

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •