• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Ear infection

mariposa

Mama Doe
Our little one is back at the vets with an ear infection :( He hasn't eaten for himself since yesterday so is staying at the vets. Also has head tilt. Any vibes would be much appreciated xx

Our little one is back at the vets with an ear infection :( He hasn't eaten for himself since yesterday so is staying at the vets. Also has head tilt. Any vibes would be much appreciated xx

I am so sorry to hear this! How awful for you all :(

Really sorry to hear about the head tilt as well, Mariposa.

Loads of love and vibes xx

Thank you. He's apparently eaten a little but still not pooed. He has nystagmus with the head tilt - guess he's feeling quite dizzy. He's in good rabbit savvy hands xx

I'm really sorry to read that your bun is so poorly [emoji17] It sounds like he's in good hands though and I really hope he rallies soon x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm so sorry to read this. I hope that he will soon be feeling a lot better. I'm pleased that you are confident in your vet.

Aww no! :( I'm sorry to hear your little man has a dreaded ear infection, but it's good to hear he's in savvy hands.

Sending lots and lots of vibes for him! Xxx

feel free to ask any questions as I'm guessing you remember honey had her ear infection and luckily we are managing to keep on top of Bailey's at the moment! :)

Guessing your vets already have him on the usual meds and strong anti-biotics? Xxx

Thank you everyone. He's now eating and pooping but head tilt no better, possibly worse. If no better tomorrow, they'll try a different antibiotic.

Aww thank you Ruthy, I remember Honey :love: Yes he's on antibiotics and has also had painkiller and gut stimulant. Does Bailey have daily meds? xxx

There are Meds they can have for the dizziness, is he on anything for this? I think there's 2 different meds for help with headtilt. Luckily Bailey's infection at the moment isn't too bad and he's just on chlophenical anti-bacterial ear drops.

I know honey was on all the following;
Metacam and Tramadol some days if very painful
Penicillin injections - Daily
Zantac - Daily
Stemitil - (for dizziness) Daily
Marbocyl - another anti-biotic given daily

Injections were given daily for 3 weeks xxx

Last edited:
Oh yes sorry I forgot that one but I'm pretty sure he's on something for dizziness as well. Thank you for the info. It's such a worry when they're ill, isn't it? xxx

Good for him, eating & pooing. Head tilt can be a stubborn thing. News of his appetite pleases me . He definitely sounds in good hands too xx

Thank you everyone. He's now eating and pooping but head tilt no better, possibly worse. If no better tomorrow, they'll try a different antibiotic.

Aww thank you Ruthy, I remember Honey :love: Yes he's on antibiotics and has also had painkiller and gut stimulant. Does Bailey have daily meds? xxx

Sending more vibes xx

Oh yes sorry I forgot that one but I'm pretty sure he's on something for dizziness as well. Thank you for the info. It's such a worry when they're ill, isn't it? xxx

It's just horrible when their poorly and I know how hard this must be for you too! Topping up the vibes for him xxxx

There are Meds they can have for the dizziness, is he on anything for this? I think there's 2 different meds for help with headtilt. Luckily Bailey's infection at the moment isn't too bad and he's just on chlophenical anti-bacterial ear drops.

I know honey was on all the following;
Metacam and Tramadol some days if very painful
Penicillin injections - Daily
Zantac - Daily
Stemitil - (for dizziness) Daily
Marbocyl - another anti-biotic given daily

Injections were given daily for 3 weeks xxx

These meds are what my Harry had when he had an ear infection.Daily penicillin injections were vital for him.Marbocyl was also very useful.

Lots of luck.x

Back