Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rabbit vaccinations UK - where's the best deal

Quote Originally Posted by ~ILoveMyBunny~ View Post
    In all mine cost... 623.20 a year!
    Now that I've foolishly worked that out I'm going to go lie down...
    Wow that's a lot

Quote Originally Posted by ~ILoveMyBunny~ View Post
    In all mine cost... 623.20 a year!
    Now that I've foolishly worked that out I'm going to go lie down...

I hope that's spread out over a year?

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post

I hope that's spread out over a year?
    Oh yeah Though unfortunately a few have been grouped together around nov/dec/jan time so must be sure to save ahead for next year (kinda hoping it might be a bit cheaper wherever we move!). Got three in Jan then nothing until June

If only it weren't for the RHD2. It's almost doubled their yearly cost (340). Like you say, would be wonderful to have a single vaccine that covers all three!

The small chain I use charge 25 for each vaccine which is quite cheap compared to most vets, but they don't have any branches near Manchester. When I got my rabbits I used google maps to make a list of all the vets nearby and I rang them all for quotes. I planned on going to the cheapest vets for their vaccinations, then moving to a more rabbit-savvy one, but luckily the cheapest vets were nearby, rabbit savvy and have walk-in appointments every day of the week.
    Elmo and Cookie the Thrianta brothers ♥
    Princess the Lionlop

Quote Originally Posted by DemiS View Post
    The small chain I use charge 25 for each vaccine which is quite cheap compared to most vets, but they don't have any branches near Manchester. When I got my rabbits I used google maps to make a list of all the vets nearby and I rang them all for quotes. I planned on going to the cheapest vets for their vaccinations, then moving to a more rabbit-savvy one, but luckily the cheapest vets were nearby, rabbit savvy and have walk-in appointments every day of the week.
    This is exactly what I've been doing. The cheapest I've found so far is 30 for the combined vaccine and in another vet the new vaccine was 30 but give 15% off of I get all 3 done at the same time. Still a lot of money just less than 170. It's insane really as they are house rabbits who don't really go outside (garden needs rabbit proofing)

Quote Originally Posted by bunny mummy 1 View Post
    This is exactly what I've been doing. The cheapest I've found so far is 30 for the combined vaccine and in another vet the new vaccine was 30 but give 15% off of I get all 3 done at the same time. Still a lot of money just less than 170. It's insane really as they are house rabbits who don't really go outside (garden needs rabbit proofing)
    They are still at risk of both Myxomatosis and RHD 1 +2.

https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/rabbit-health/vaccinations/

IMO the cost of vaccinating is a price well worth paying to protect my Rabbits from such horrific diseases. Personally I could never forgive myself if a Rabbit in my care died because I chose not to bother with vaccinating them. All of my Rabbits are House Rabbits too.

The Rabbit Welfare Association and Fund (RWAF)- The UK'S biggest and best organisation for Rabbit lovers

https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/

Rabbit Health and Diseases, a list of useful online information

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...ealth-Problems

Myxomatosis, RHD1 and RHD2- VACCINATION IS ESSENTIAL

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...60#post7041560

My vet would agree with you, that house rabbits may well be at less risk than outdoor rabbits.

However, I think it's still essential to get the vaccinations, as you do too
    Better to be safe than sorry x

House rabbits aren't protected unfortunately. Everytime you open the door/window there's a risk of myxo carrying insects coming in your house, if you have other pets that are allowed outside they could bring in myxo carrying fleas. Some argue that house rabbits might be more likely to contract RHD as they're more likely to come in contact with your shoes and clothes. It might be worth signing up for a lifetime vaccination scheme, although it'll be a higher cost initially you'll save a lot of money over the years
    Elmo and Cookie the Thrianta brothers ♥
    Princess the Lionlop

Thanks for this I didn't realise mine were still able to catch things! Will definitely be having them all vaccinated now

Thanks for this I didn't realise mine were still able to catch things! Will definitely be having them all vaccinated now

The Rabbit Welfare Association and Fund (RWAF)- The UK'S biggest and best organisation for Rabbit lovers

https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/

Rabbit Health and Diseases, a list of useful online information

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...ealth-Problems

Myxomatosis, RHD1 and RHD2- VACCINATION IS ESSENTIAL

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...60#post7041560