• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

biting

elliedc0

New Kit
So my male rabbit Oscar has a really bad habit of biting, at first I thought it was just because he didnt enjoy being picked up (which is totally understandable as their prey animals) however when i sit with him in the house, hes more than happy to let me stoke and cuddle him, and he eats out my palm, and will come and sit on my lap on his own accord, and then all of a sudden out of the blue he starts to bite and claw, often breaking the skin, and i cant quite understand why he does it, hes never been hurt or dropped or anything :/

but if anyone has any ideas why he might be doing it, or as to how to try and stop it, id really appropriate it!

he quite literally is my baby and i love him to peaces, so he is very spoilt , I just wish i knew why he feels the need to do it!

A few questions...

How old is he?
Is he neutered?
Have you rescued him & do you know his history?
Could you possibly be sat in his way and he wants you to move?
Have you run out of treats and is he trying to force you to get more?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

hes 8 months, yes he was neutered 3 months back, we got him from a pet shop (i always adopt but loads of kids where crowding round him and i knew if i didnt hed end up forgotten about in some kids garden and i couldnt let that happen) he was the most confident one there, as soon as i got him home he started eating and was totally relaxed! But every time i try to handle him (when i bring him inside for some human interaction) he bites me, again i can sort of understand that if he feels scared. but its almost like he attacks people, he has even jumped on the sofa and attacked my boyfriend before! it almost comes across like hes protecting something! and since we got him a companion hes gotten a lot worse!

Back