Thread: Ahhh buns are so clumsy!

Default Ahhh buns are so clumsy!

Just popped into the kitchen to cook and left OH with the buns. He was busy playing on his phone and then an almighty banging metal sound happened.

I rushed back to see Pip looked stunned and missing a chunk of fur from her head!

I said what the hell happened? He said no idea.

I don't know what happened but I think something spooked them and she ran into their pen door, which we have tied open.

I've now removed the door (We never lock them in anymore)

Fingers crossed she's all ok. Her eyes were all squiffy when I came back.

She's gobbling food at the mo, which is a good sign. X

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Oh no poor Pip xxx

Mama Doe

i hope she doesn't develop concussion, especially if her eyes were affected

Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    i hope she doesn't develop concussion, especially if her eyes were affected
    This is what I'm worried about. What do I need to look for?

Just read the thread - and I'm sorry to hear of the accident. I'm not in anyway qualified, but perhaps you could look for similar symptoms that we humans would have - perhaps the bun being a bit more tired/sleepy than usual? Watch her mannorisms and routines. Check mobility - is she a bit more unstable perhaps? Is she a bit more aggressive (fear/pain)? These are just my thoughts and not medical evidence so I guess the default option is vet. Hope this helps and I hope pip is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig 1965 View Post
    Just read the thread - and I'm sorry to hear of the accident. I'm not in anyway qualified, but perhaps you could look for similar symptoms that we humans would have - perhaps the bun being a bit more tired/sleepy than usual? Watch her mannorisms and routines. Check mobility - is she a bit more unstable perhaps? Is she a bit more aggressive (fear/pain)? These are just my thoughts and not medical evidence so I guess the default option is vet. Hope this helps and I hope pip is ok.
    Thanks Craig. I kept an eye on her til I went to bed and she was acting totally normal. She is still being her normal happy self this morning. So I think we've been lucky and she just stunned herself a little.

Lopsy's always falling off stuff and, fingers crossed, we've never had any bad incidents with him. He's run head first into things before as well, but he's not really got many brain cells to lose! Hope Pip's OK
    The geeky one...

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.

Thanks everyone. Just got home and pip is being normal. Running through my OH legs at full speed and munching on hay

Glad she's OK. Our little one has binkied into the wall head first more than once!

so so glad she is ok and back to herself. It's always a worry and I was concerned very much for Pip so I'm glad she is ok.