Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bonding Dillon and Cuthbert

Every day since I started this thread the boys have had playdates together. Every other day I have switched the run around so that they are half in their old space and half in the other bunnies space. We have swopped bowl, balls and litter trays and the boys get fresh veg only when on a play date - what they dont finish goes back into their run over night. The run is lifted up so they can come and go as they please even into each others sides, they dont seem to be too bothered by which side they are in and sit with their head in the pellet bowl together - Dillon has junior pellets and Cuthy doesnt so I think that is why they both eat out of Dillons bowl.

Tonight for the first time they are lying not next to one another but on top of each other. That is a good sign I think?

They do some occasional half hearted humping usually with Dillon humping Cuthberts head.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthbert&Dillon View Post
    Every day since I started this thread the boys have had playdates together. Every other day I have switched the run around so that they are half in their old space and half in the other bunnies space. We have swopped bowl, balls and litter trays and the boys get fresh veg only when on a play date - what they dont finish goes back into their run over night. The run is lifted up so they can come and go as they please even into each others sides, they dont seem to be too bothered by which side they are in and sit with their head in the pellet bowl together - Dillon has junior pellets and Cuthy doesnt so I think that is why they both eat out of Dillons bowl.

Tonight for the first time they are lying not next to one another but on top of each other. That is a good sign I think?

They do some occasional half hearted humping usually with Dillon humping Cuthberts head.

Boys will be boys!
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...t-January-2018

“Choose to be optimistic, it feels better!” ... Dalai Lama

I still havent put the boys together in the run but when they are on playdate time they do both get in the same fleece and snuggle down to sleep. I have to split them up at bed time which results in a lot of foot thumping. I do wonder if they are telling me they are ready to have the barrier removed between them. They use each others litter trays, eat from each others bowls and sleep in each others fleeces.

Forgive the bad photography.
    20180101_203908[1] by Ra Greenwood, on Flickr

I still havent put the boys together in the run but when they are on playdate time they do both get in the same fleece and snuggle down to sleep. I have to split them up at bed time which results in a lot of foot thumping. I do wonder if they are telling me they are ready to have the barrier removed between them. They use each others litter trays, eat from each others bowls and sleep in each others fleeces.

awww, they look like already bonded bunnies to me

Wise Old Thumper

Going off the photo, they look very happy so I wouldn't separate them again.

Aww they look very comfortable together

Thank you for your replies, they look for one another constantly and I am happy to leave them in the room together and just get on with life. I do find it difficult to cook with them out of the run as they come legging it into the kitchen and up my leg if they smell toast / hear a wrapper / etc etc

Wise Old Thumper

I agree with other responses. They look very happy with each other. Very cute pic btw.

That's a really lovely photo of two rabbits who want to be together

I do find rabbits get 'angry' when us humans keep trying to tell them how and when to 'get along' together
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...t-January-2018

“Choose to be optimistic, it feels better!” ... Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    That's a really lovely photo of two rabbits who want to be together

I do find rabbits get 'angry' when us humans keep trying to tell them how and when to 'get along' together :lol:
    I was definitely being told off I am still going to wait until I am off on Friday before removing the partition - l will risk the wrath of wappits until then.