• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Dillon and Cuthbert

This is the last one, I promise :)

I was speaking to a lovely lady on the phone just now, and perhaps you could take a look here?

Scroll down to Bella:

https://www.rabbitrescueandfriends.co.uk/available-animals/

I have read about Bella and it says she is feisty - I am not really confident enough to cope with a feisty giant I dont think. The boys are only 17 weeks so I am not sure they would cope either. I am going to speak to them today and see what they say.

With regard to Dandelion she has gone, I have left a message with them.

With regard to the sisters - too many ( is that an oxymoron )

With regard to Lily the Giant single - I can not answer the ad I am not enough of a member.

With regard to Rookes - the search said no rabbit (but I am not the best with technology)

Essex is too far to travel - sorry

Gosh I feel I have been a little negative here but I dont mean to be. I just want the best for my boys.

Update on bonding the boys - we have had quite a lot of upset here over the last three days and I have spent a lot of time out of the house. OH put the boys together last night as per our original plan and slept on the sofa next to them. They are fine this morning - is that it, do I have a bonded pair.........I think so.

If a lady bunny does come we will just have to slowly introduce her :)

I have read about Bella and it says she is feisty - I am not really confident enough to cope with a feisty giant I dont think. The boys are only 17 weeks so I am not sure they would cope either. I am going to speak to them today and see what they say.

With regard to Lily the Giant single - I can not answer the ad I am not enough of a member.

With regard to Rookes - the search said no rabbit (but I am not the best with technology)

Gosh I feel I have been a little negative here but I dont mean to be. I just want the best for my boys.

I am in a similar situation to you. I am looking for a doe or does to bond with Tethra, my bereaved buck. I am feeling similar thoughts to you, in that I am wondering if I am feeling too negative in my desire to get a good match for Tethra. I personally would not want to try a rabbit described as feisty, even though the description might not be soundly-based. I also do not want to travel too far, as I'm not sure it's good for the rabbit(s). I also don't know why it is, but there are definitely many more bucks than does e.g. out of the 15 most recent additions to the RSPCA site I looked at yesterday, 13 were bucks.

No you're not being negative at all. You really have to be comfortable before you got for a particular rabbit. It's sometimes a good idea to ring and talk about rabbits with Rescue Centres, and that can help clarify in your mind exactly who you are looking for.

I grant you a lot of rescues don't answer the phone .. But when I rang the lady in Malvern I discovered a rabbit that wasn't on the website :) It also happened last year when looking for a rabbit - I didn't get the one I rang about because there was 'one out the back' that we took instead :)

No you're not being negative at all. You really have to be comfortable before you got for a particular rabbit. It's sometimes a good idea to ring and talk about rabbits with Rescue Centres, and that can help clarify in your mind exactly who you are looking for.

I grant you a lot of rescues don't answer the phone .. But when I rang the lady in Malvern I discovered a rabbit that wasn't on the website :) It also happened last year when looking for a rabbit - I didn't get the one I rang about because there was 'one out the back' that we took instead :)

Emails sent :) :) :) I have looked at a couple but we are outside their 2 hour travel limit. Fingers crossed now :)

Potential new bunny coming on Saturday the 20th, she is from BARC and called Vimto. I have told the boys, who didnt seem too excited, and OH is building her a extension to their home, this will keep her separate until she is over her spay. Then slowly slowly we will look at bonding the three of them.

Potential new bunny coming on Saturday the 20th, she is from BARC and called Vimto. I have told the boys, who didnt seem too excited, and OH is building her a extension to their home, this will keep her separate until she is over her spay. Then slowly slowly we will look at bonding the three of them.

You've put in a lot of work to get this far.

Vibes it all goes smoothly for you now :)

Vimto has not been in with other bunnies but does not mind them being next to her in a run, she is only just post spay and apparently is a very chilled bunny

Back