Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Behaviour - piddling in his pellets!

Quote Originally Posted by ~ILoveMyBunny~ View Post
    You think that's bad? Pixel has taken to using his water bowl!
    Oh dear, I dont feel so bad now

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthbert&Dillon View Post
    PS Megazorb is relatively cheap and makes very good, absorbent layer. It can go over layer of newspaper and then a thick layer of hay goes over that.
    I will look up Megazorb - thank you [/QUOTE]

Megazorb is great, however I personally don't like the smell indoors... For outdoors it was fab though - I use fitch bedding indoors it's like carefresh and Megazorb but cheaper than carefresh and less stinky than Megazorb haha some people don't have an issue with the smell tho x

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthbert&Dillon View Post
    Why would Cuthbert have suddenly started to piddle in his pellets! - that boy is bonkers!!!

He has a perfectly good litter tray and then a tiny 3 inch bowl for pellets.

Yes, it happens!! Not fair on the bunnies who share the bowl.

Solution - smaller bowl - harder to aim correctly
    Up to date and comprehensive info on RHD2:
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...16-Sept/page14
    An extensive guide to all things RHD2 - Please Vaccinate!

Actually just remembered Clementine started peeing in her food when she was like 16 weeks old... I moved the food and put the litter tray there and everything was fine - she'd early decided that space was the toilet haha maybe it's similar?

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by Graciee View Post
    I will look up Megazorb - thank you

Megazorb is great, however I personally don't like the smell indoors... For outdoors it was fab though - I use fitch bedding indoors it's like carefresh and Megazorb but cheaper than carefresh and less stinky than Megazorb haha some people don't have an issue with the smell tho x

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Yes, I agree with you about the smell - I'd forgotten how horrible it was when it was open in my hall until someone could carry it through to the garage.

Wise Old Thumper

What about scatter feeding them their pellets? - just a thought.

I use the recycled paper pellets. No smell at all. I do a layer of pellets then newspaper with hay one end and more pellets on the other end then just pick up the paper and chuck it when dirty. I do her tray twice a day and there's no smell

Quote Originally Posted by Babsie View Post

Yes, I agree with you about the smell - I'd forgotten how horrible it was when it was open in my hall until someone could carry it through to the garage.[/QUOTE]

Yea I bought a big bag and was using it for outside hutches litter trays and I was like this stuffs great! Because it is, but then I decided to use it inside aswell and I just couldn't deal with it. Fitch stuff has no scent it's just slightly bigger pieces than the Megazorb or what I also like are the paper litter pellets they sell them in pets at home I forget their name though x

Last edited by Graciee; 21-12-2017 at 08:10 PM.

Thank you - hay and newspaper in the litter trays and that seems (fingers crossed) to be that! - however i will let you know after a day or two of the new regime.