• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Scottish Mountain Hare Culling Petition

I got the e Mail too, signed it.They are culling even though no proper scientific research as regards counting etc has been done.It gets me really angry! It's all to "protect" game birds ,so that rich folk can blast them from the sky.Gamekeepers are also killing raptors' etc ,poisoning.Of course they deny it,but the bodies are found on game estates' .Time the Scottish govt. did something about it.:censored:

I got the e Mail too, signed it.They are culling even though no proper scientific research as regards counting etc has been done.It gets me really angry! It's all to "protect" game birds ,so that rich folk can blast them from the sky.Gamekeepers are also killing raptors' etc ,poisoning.Of course they deny it,but the bodies are found on game estates' .Time the Scottish govt. did something about it.:censored:
I know, it's terrible :(
As you say, they're also killing birds of prey, which would have kept the population in check naturally (not a nice thought for us I know but nature has a balance - it's when people mess with that for profit that problems arise)
That said there may well be no problem with the population at all. This is all over profit and ironically they're killing one animal just to make room for another 'more valuable' animal to kill.
It's sickening what people will do for money.

Back