• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

diet supplement...

binkyCodie

Mama Doe
Luna has recently dealt with a few tummy issues with not eating and being gassy. we've also just had a close call with a blockage in her stomach as 3/4's of her tummy was filled with hay/fur etc which isn't the normal amount. the reason this happened is due to her guts being slower so it doesn't process the food as quickly, but the reason for that happening is unknown. I'd like to prevent this from happening as much as I can.

Luna's current diet is:
- P@H bunny hay manager filled when getting low, usually x2-3 daily (hay is meadow, timothy and mint mixed together)
- eggcup of SS pellet x1 daily
- mix of herbs/veggies x2 daily (some of the following: coriander, dill, basil, thyme, mint, carrot tops, spring greens, cabbage)
- veggie treat every two weeks (one of the following: broccoli, sprout, romaine lettuce leaf)​

should I try upping her fibre with fibre sticks in case this was all caused by low fibre?
would something like oxbrow digestive support help her?

I was thinking about using vetark probiotic in her water, as this focuses on good baceria - and Luna is on metacam for the foreseeable future. I know this can cause some tummy troubles in itself.

I'm probably just over worrying myself :lol:

I had to stop giving my bun spring greens it wasnt worth seeing him have tummy issues during night after, even cabbage did the same, he now has a little Tenderheart cabbage which doesn't seem to bother his tummy, I also groom him daily as he is fluffy and in past when not brushed got string of pearls
Have you tried dried papaya?

Some buns struggle to digest fresh veg etc. It may be worth discussing with your vet cutting out fresh veg and just sticking to herbs for now?
Again, discuss things with your vet before making changes.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Luna gets spring greens/cabbage sparingly as we don't have it too often, so the majority of the time it is just herbs she receives. probably should have noted that!!

she's been fine up until now with fresh veg - could issues arise suddenly do you think? she's never shown any issues until we discovered whatever this was.

Back