Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 146

Thread: Megacolon..?

  1. #71
    Moderator Graciee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    23,294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    I have to say that you're right, it's a poop mine field indeed!

    Lovely and big and light and golden is what I (ahem - my bunnies) aspire to. I don't often break them apart, it's true!

    I find grass or readigrass makes poops look darker and softer. Very much depends what they eat.

    Is he maintaining his weight on hay only?
    Seems to be currently - do you think the normal poops in those pictures are the right colour?

    Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

  2. #72
    Wise Old Thumper
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    In my Burrow
    Posts
    145,102

    Default

    The fecal poos are perfect and from the pics it looks as though it is actually just his cecotrophs that are a bit misformed. This is a VERY different presentation to that of my Rabbit.

    How does Atticus cope with grass (fresh) ?

    What about fresh brambles ?

    Have you started him on the Avipro Plus ?
    I AM NOW POSTING AS 'InspectorMorse' BECAUSE A TECHNICAL PROBLEM HAS LOCKED ME OUT OF MY 'Jack's-Jane' ACCOUNT ON SOME DEVICES !!

  3. #73
    Moderator Graciee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    23,294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    The fecal poos are perfect and from the pics it looks as though it is actually just his cecotrophs that are a bit misformed. This is a VERY different presentation to that of my Rabbit.

    How does Atticus cope with grass (fresh) ?

    What about fresh brambles ?

    Have you started him on the Avipro Plus ?
    Yea I thought they were a good colour but William says not. I don't have pictures of all the different types of poos he produces but all those pictures are from when he's been on mainly just hay so far better than before. Fresh grass I'm not sure about because he's been inside for a couple of weeks now so it's been cut out of his diet, so I don't know if it's helped him get better or it was fine before, I'll only know when he goes back out. Yes brambles upset him and not yet as was monitoring water intake - going to start it today or tomorrow depending on whether there's more in his litter tray or not x

    Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

  4. #74
    Wise Old Thumper
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    In my Burrow
    Posts
    145,102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Graciee View Post
    Yea I thought they were a good colour but William says not. I don't have pictures of all the different types of poos he produces but all those pictures are from when he's been on mainly just hay so far better than before. Fresh grass I'm not sure about because he's been inside for a couple of weeks now so it's been cut out of his diet, so I don't know if it's helped him get better or it was fine before, I'll only know when he goes back out. Yes brambles upset him and not yet as was monitoring water intake - going to start it today or tomorrow depending on whether there's more in his litter tray or not x

    Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk




    I'm very surprised about that To me they are the usual golden colour of a Rabbit on a hay only diet
    I AM NOW POSTING AS 'InspectorMorse' BECAUSE A TECHNICAL PROBLEM HAS LOCKED ME OUT OF MY 'Jack's-Jane' ACCOUNT ON SOME DEVICES !!

  5. #75
    Moderator Graciee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    23,294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    I'm very surprised about that To me they are the usual golden colour of a Rabbit on a hay only diet
    He said that golden poop is one of the signs seen in megacolon bunnies. I'm personally not too concerned about them it's the other types of poo that worry me

    Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

  6. #76
    Wise Old Thumper
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    In my Burrow
    Posts
    145,102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Graciee View Post
    He said that golden poop is one of the signs seen in megacolon bunnies. I'm personally not too concerned about them it's the other types of poo that worry me

    Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
    Obviously I am just some numpty mad Rabbit woman and I am not in any way Veterinary qualified, but having seen the poo pics and also pics of Atticus himself () I would be astounded if Megacolon was the problem. As I said, that's just my unqualified thoughts !!

    Another question, did Atticus's poo problems start after he was neutered ?
    I AM NOW POSTING AS 'InspectorMorse' BECAUSE A TECHNICAL PROBLEM HAS LOCKED ME OUT OF MY 'Jack's-Jane' ACCOUNT ON SOME DEVICES !!

  7. #77
    Moderator Graciee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    23,294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    Obviously I am just some numpty mad Rabbit woman and I am not in any way Veterinary qualified, but having seen the poo pics and also pics of Atticus himself () I would be astounded if Megacolon was the problem. As I said, that's just my unqualified thoughts !!

    Another question, did Atticus's poo problems start after he was neutered ?
    Noo I don't think that at all and really value your opinion I was hoping it would be something else but William thinks it's megacolon. I've suspected somethings been wrong for a while with him honestly but was hoping it would pass but then it never did.. It was after he was neutered but he, has always had a 'sensitive tummy' which has just got progressively worse x

    Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

  8. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    44,433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Graciee View Post
    Seems to be currently - do you think the normal poops in those pictures are the right colour?

    Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

    Yes Grace, those golden boulders look very good to me!

    Some of the cecals seem a bit misshapen and cow pat like, which I can see might lead you (or William) to suspect megacolon.

    Has William seen the cecals, or a photo of them? What was his comment?

  9. #79
    Moderator Graciee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    23,294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    Yes Grace, those golden boulders look very good to me!

    Some of the cecals seem a bit misshapen and cow pat like, which I can see might lead you (or William) to suspect megacolon.

    Has William seen the cecals, or a photo of them? What was his comment?
    Well I'm glad you think they look good Fleurs and Clementines are far darker than his tho photos only of the messier ones but he's seen a sample of darker huge but hard pellet ones that were like oval? Felt sorry for him having to pass them also looked at a book with him written by that rabbit specialist, which showed super clearly the types and his looked very similar - there's no real diagnosis because William says it's not understood enough but it matches well with all previous findings on megacolon and a few other digestive issues which all overlap in his opinion x

    Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

  10. #80
    Moderator Graciee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    23,294

    Default

    This mornings litter tray - just eating hay it's much better but doesn't explain why it's like this

    Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •