Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Megacolon..?

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by Graciee View Post
    I didn't in the end because we changed his litter tray and then there was no output which I wasn't expecting - he looked at his teeth said they look good - was wondering if it was dental reason for not eating them.

And yea I mean he's got all the symptoms of megacolon and a few other things which all cross over with that condition but William just said there's no treatment and no one really understands it enough. Unless I wanna go down the steroids /chemotherapy route... Which I don't right now and we aren't there yet anyway x

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
    Gosh, I'm with you on that one. As I said before, it took over a year for my Rabbit's gut problems to be stabilised. There were numerous set backs along the way. Does Atticus have abdominal pain when he has a 'bad episode' ? I am amazed that so far pain has not been an issue for my Rabbit. Even when he was passing copious amounts of liquid poo/diarrhoea.
    I AM NOW POSTING AS 'InspectorMorse' BECAUSE A TECHNICAL PROBLEM HAS LOCKED ME OUT OF MY 'Jack's-Jane' ACCOUNT ON SOME DEVICES !!

Banned

I didn't in the end because we changed his litter tray and then there was no output which I wasn't expecting - he looked at his teeth said they look good - was wondering if it was dental reason for not eating them.

And yea I mean he's got all the symptoms of megacolon and a few other things which all cross over with that condition but William just said there's no treatment and no one really understands it enough. Unless I wanna go down the steroids /chemotherapy route... Which I don't right now and we aren't there yet anyway x

No I agree, I wouldn't want to do that either, unless it was a last resort.

How's he coping with only hay?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    Gosh, I'm with you on that one. As I said before, it took over a year for my Rabbit's gut problems to be stabilised. There were numerous set backs along the way. Does Atticus have abdominal pain when he has a 'bad episode' ? I am amazed that so far pain has not been an issue for my Rabbit. Even when he was passing copious amounts of liquid poo/diarrhoea.
    I mean I wouldn't really know... But he seems fine... Like he seems just fine it's just his litter tray looks terrible. He looked uncomfortable this morning and I noticed there was no poos and William confirmed he had gas, but other than that he seems okay.

If you have time at some point do you think you could tell me what you tried feeding your bunny? Or any suggestions of things I could try? I'd be really happy to try everything only issues is everytime I try something that goes bad I have to give him a few days to get back to slightly better before I try something new takes a while but happy to try everything and anything really

So far these are all bad :
    Ribwort
    Readigrass
    Alfalfa hay
    Green oats
    Pellets
    Fibafirst
    Oat hay
    Botanical hay

Timothy hay from timothyhay.co.uk is what he has as his only hay now, and if you give him just that he's better... Not perfect probably 3 cow pats a day on average and the rest are golden poos which is a massive improvement x

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    No I agree, I wouldn't want to do that either, unless it was a last resort.

How's he coping with only hay?
    He seems okay... I'm concerned he's bored of it though... And didn't eat much last night which caused the gas x

Wise Old Thumper

I mean I wouldn't really know... But he seems fine... Like he seems just fine it's just his litter tray looks terrible. He looked uncomfortable this morning and I noticed there was no poos and William confirmed he had gas, but other than that he seems okay.

If you have time at some point do you think you could tell me what you tried feeding your bunny? Or any suggestions of things I could try? I'd be really happy to try everything only issues is everytime I try something that goes bad I have to give him a few days to get back to slightly better before I try something new takes a while but happy to try everything and anything really

So far these are all bad :
    Ribwort
    Readigrass
    Alfalfa hay
    Green oats
    Pellets
    Fibafirst
    Oat hay
    Botanical hay

Timothy hay from timothyhay.co.uk is what he has as his only hay now, and if you give him just that he's better... Not perfect probably 3 cow pats a day on average and the rest are golden poos which is a massive improvement x

Might seem a tad weird, but can you post a pic of his 'bad' poo ?
    I AM NOW POSTING AS 'InspectorMorse' BECAUSE A TECHNICAL PROBLEM HAS LOCKED ME OUT OF MY 'Jack's-Jane' ACCOUNT ON SOME DEVICES !!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    Might seem a tad weird, but can you post a pic of his 'bad' poo ?
    Yes of course haha I was going to do that when I started this thread but then decided it was a bit grim

Okay so here's a few pictures they're all taken over weeks and I don't have any of the sample I gave which was dark huge poos but hopefully when he starts producing more again I'll get some pictures also need to get some of the proper cow pats he does.

Also have him eating a dandelion to counteract the grim x

Banned

Okay so here's a few pictures they're all taken over weeks and I don't have any of the sample I gave which was dark huge poos but hopefully when he starts producing more again I'll get some pictures also need to get some of the proper cow pats he does.

Also have him eating a dandelion to counteract the grim x

I think I've given you this link before?

http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/GI_dise...rop/Drp_en.htm

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    I think I've given you this link before?

http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/GI_dise...rop/Drp_en.htm
    Yes I thought his normal poos where quite a good colour but William said they were far too light and that Clementines which are much darker looked far healthier but were too soft also hers were a little on the large size. It's a poop mind field.

Banned

Yes I thought his normal poos where quite a good colour but William said they were far too light and that Clementines which are much darker looked far healthier but were too soft also hers were a little on the large size. It's a poop mind field.

I have to say that you're right, it's a poop mine field indeed!

Lovely and big and light and golden is what I (ahem - my bunnies) aspire to. I don't often break them apart, it's true!

I find grass or readigrass makes poops look darker and softer. Very much depends what they eat.

Is he maintaining his weight on hay only?