Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Megacolon..?

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by Graciee View Post
    Is it the ripple like movement you're referring to?

I haven't noticed it although to be honest when he flops he's normally directly on his back with his feet up in the air in his dip in the hay he likes to make - or he's bunny loafed.

Last night he threw him self down in a weird way almost like he'd collapsed but I didn't take note of his side I'll look in future - what does the ripple mean?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
    Yes, peristalsis is the normal action of the intestines, but in my Rabbit they can become very extreme, basically instead of gut slow down he goes into gut motility overdrive. Until we managed to get him stabilized on a treatment regime/diet that worked for him he would have numerous episodes of passing huge wet fecal poo and sometimes his fecal poo would turn to diarrhoea. He was also unable to absorb much in the way of dietary nutrients, so he was underweight and continuing to loose weight.

Taking the advice of trusted and well qualified Vets
    and not giving up hope was what pulled us through. That and my Rabbit's general laid back demeanor, taking all the intensive hands on care he needs in his hop

''Never apologise for how you feel, it's called being real'' ~
    Anon

I was looking at him earlier flopped and when he eventually rolled onto his side I think I did see those kinda moments. Mm ima keep watching him - currently I'm measuring how much water he drinks within 24 hrs gunna do an average over a few days xx

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

I hope he's OK today?

How serious/severe did William think the problem with his gut might be?
    RHD2 info updated: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...-December-2017

“Choose to be optimistic, it feels better!” ... Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    Yes, peristalsis is the normal action of the intestines, but in my Rabbit they can become very extreme, basically instead of gut slow down he goes into gut motility overdrive. Until we managed to get him stabilized on a treatment regime/diet that worked for him he would have numerous episodes of passing huge wet fecal poo and sometimes his fecal poo would turn to diarrhoea. He was also unable to absorb much in the way of dietary nutrients, so he was underweight and continuing to loose weight.

Taking the advice of trusted and well qualified Vets
    and not giving up hope was what pulled us through. That and my Rabbit's general laid back demeanor, taking all the intensive hands on care he needs in his hop
    He's just been on hay for days, and it's been significantly better in his litter tray though. William said about weeds being good - however it makes him have those huge wet poos so i'm staying away from that

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    I hope he's OK today?

How serious/severe did William think the problem with his gut might be?
    Not really sure we know yet. He's seeing him this Friday and going to have a good feel of his stomach. Hopefully he'll have been able to have a look at the sample I dropped in also. I might ask if they can do an Xray or a scan of some kind? so we can see if theres an actual issue like he's not developed correctly or something.. He's lost weight in the last 3 weeks, but then again he's not having anything but hay.. so I'd be surprised if he hadn't lost some weight xx

Wise Old Thumper

He's just been on hay for days, and it's been significantly better in his litter tray though. William said about weeds being good - however it makes him have those huge wet poos so i'm staying away from that
    Have you tried him on dried forages ?

Anon

What weeds have you been giving him?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    Have you tried him on dried forages ?
    Yes, not the same thing as Atticus, but when I had bunnies who couldn't tolerate dried food or veg, weeds, grass etc, they were fine with dried forage.
    Sarah.

RIP Dusty and Clover xxx
    Harry hamster
    Misty and Pearl guinea pigs

I've tried dried forage earlier in the week after he'd been doing better for a few days and it made him very unwell

Tried him with fresh nettle and dandelion, I know dandelion can have an effect on the motility. But he didn't have very much of either and it wasn't good after

Also I noticed that veggies have a bad effect on him and fruit.

Wise Old Thumper

I've tried dried forage earlier in the week after he'd been doing better for a few days and it made him very unwell

Tried him with fresh nettle and dandelion, I know dandelion can have an effect on the motility. But he didn't have very much of either and it wasn't good after

Which one in particular ?

Anon

What dried forage have you used, Grace?