Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Megacolon..?

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    I hope he doesn't lose more weight and that you're able to keep it pretty much stable.

I love that thumps has joined your thread She is a mine of info and so generous with it
    Yes same to both very concerned by the reaction to the prebiotic now though - don't want him to get gassy again

Hi, I'm sorry to hear you have a megacolon bunny. I have one too, she was very poorly and had lots of tests and vet visits before being diagnosed. She is on daily medication of cisapride, zantac, emperid and metacam and has been for over a year and a half. For the first year we kept her on a diet of only hay, a few select fresh herbs and critical care. She seemed quite lethargic and a lot of the time though, not to mention very under weight, and she eventually got bored of the food and refused the critical care. Out of desperation we fed her dual care pellets and gradually introduced a bigger selection of herbs, redigrass and forage. She managed to put weight on and get more energy as she was getting more variety, although she couldn't cope on this diet without the medication alongside it. It's such a nasty disease, it's horrible when i see her in discomfort, but the meds have definitely helped. Its a case of trial and error with finding what works for your bunny as everyone bun is different