• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just when you thought your buns couldn't get any naughtier! Plus cuteness warning

Mervinius

Mama Doe
Soooo. I just glanced over at the bun pen and the supposedly tidy hay cookies I bought have been shredded all over the floor into hay dust!

I thought... perhaps I better give them a spruce up....

Whilst leaning into the cage, Pip decided to take advantage and jumped on my back. (This is one of their favourite games)

I thought nothing of it. Until I heard a noise above my head. The little monkey had jumped onto the dog crate and then onto a huge box on top of that!!!!

I tried to scoop her, but of course she was having none of that and flung herself onto the floor landing head first into the litter tray!!! Luckily she seems fine.

I thought well she won't do that again... So carried on cleaning and she tried to do it again!

I swear my buns are mountain buns with no fear. They love being really really high. It's terrifying!!!!

Here's the little monkey in question!
3440062d76c4cb3daa7d63c5141fe80a.jpg

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Soooo. I just glanced over at the bun pen and the supposedly tidy hay cookies I bought have been shredded all over the floor into hay dust!

I thought... perhaps I better give them a spruce up....

Whilst leaning into the cage, Pip decided to take advantage and jumped on my back. (This is one of their favourite games)

I thought nothing of it. Until I heard a noise above my head. The little monkey had jumped onto the dog crate and then onto a huge box on top of that!!!!

I tried to scoop her, but of course she was having none of that and flung herself onto the floor landing head first into the litter tray!!! Luckily she seems fine.

I thought well she won't do that again... So carried on cleaning and she tried to do it again!

I swear my buns are mountain buns with no fear. They love being really really high. It's terrifying!!!!

Here's the little monkey in question!
3440062d76c4cb3daa7d63c5141fe80a.jpg

Ooooohhhhhhhh.......:love:

What was in the toppest box? Goodies?

:D

Has Archie done any more carving?
Oh yes. He's becoming a bit of a master carpenter....his favourite is a silver wooden drawer handle! Its now a wonderful textured handle....

He's available for hire. He has a particular style called bun chic and especially likes cabinets!
cf0246e8a981fb122bd1c61297ce1961.jpg
c6a9eefa35b723aa7f5a51a615be3fcb.jpg
83431eeca935ab9e2f896eda93dcbb8e.jpg

They're adorable. You can't be mad at anybun that looks that cute. Most buns seem to love being high up. Willow has tried to climb the mesh in the run several times, she gets about a foot off the floor and then falls off and tries to look like she intended to jump down!

Oh yes. He's becoming a bit of a master carpenter....his favourite is a silver wooden drawer handle! Its now a wonderful textured handle....

He's available for hire. He has a particular style called bun chic and especially likes cabinets!
cf0246e8a981fb122bd1c61297ce1961.jpg
c6a9eefa35b723aa7f5a51a615be3fcb.jpg
83431eeca935ab9e2f896eda93dcbb8e.jpg

He is in indeed! I think he should have his own website dedicated to his talents. And Pip on the side with her mountaineering :D

Love how you snook that photo in :lol:

oh my!! I love them :love: nethies are always so cute!

Luna tried to jump on the table not too long ago, I was in the kitchen cooking. I came running in after a loud crash and Luna was sat on the floor with the contents of the table surrounding her.

they're such little mischief makers

Aren't they just adorable cute little characters. It's wonderful how they develop their own personality and special uniqueness that makes them individual and yet adorable. They are the just the cutest little buns. :love::love:

Haha, the first pic looks like Archie has said to Pip, "Quick heads down, she's got the camera out again!" :lol: Brilliant.

OH has just walked in and fainted :love:

How is Pip and her fur these days? x
Sorry to have caused fainting. Teehee

Pip is doing really well thanks. She is still removing her fur but only for two nights and then stops. Then it grows back and she does the same.

I do think it was mites all along, because she never itches around her head now and she used to do it LOADS. The whole cage would shake. Vets didn't think it was, because there were no other signs and Archie wasn't itching. So it took a over a year to get treatment! So I think the behaviour is pretty ingrained now.

Good news is that she hasn't had GI Stasis or gas symptoms for months. She seems much more relaxed and happy now we aren't fussing her and trying to look at her chin everyday. Lol.

In this picture you can see she has a sort of ruff. Haha because the hair under the chin is shorter.
e791ff09e73616e4cf0e7bd4824c3b91.jpg

Sorry to have caused fainting. Teehee

Pip is doing really well thanks. She is still removing her fur but only for two nights and then stops. Then it grows back and she does the same.

I do think it was mites all along, because she never itches around her head now and she used to do it LOADS. The whole cage would shake. Vets didn't think it was, because there were no other signs and Archie wasn't itching. So it took a over a year to get treatment! So I think the behaviour is pretty ingrained now.

Good news is that she hasn't had GI Stasis or gas symptoms for months. She seems much more relaxed and happy now we aren't fussing her and trying to look at her chin everyday. Lol.

In this picture you can see she has a sort of ruff. Haha because the hair under the chin is shorter.
e791ff09e73616e4cf0e7bd4824c3b91.jpg

:love::love:

I see ... I think you may have a point regards the fur pulling. What a shame the vet didn't treat anyway, just on symptoms. But that's past and what's important is that she is very happy and that she hasn't had stasis for a good long while (fingers crossed we don't jinx this).

:love::love:

I see ... I think you may have a point regards the fur pulling. What a shame the vet didn't treat anyway, just on symptoms. But that's past and what's important is that she is very happy and that she hasn't had stasis for a good long while (fingers crossed we don't jinx this).
Yeah it's a shame, but like you say it's in the past. The first vet we saw thought there was nothing wrong with her and it was just stress related. I should have insisted.

I hope that she will stop eventually, but if not we don't mind a partially bald bun as long as she stays healthy. She's beautiful as she is.

Yes very much hoping i haven't jinxed it. It's why i haven't posted about it until. Fingers crossed.

Back