• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

JET WAS HELPED TO THE BRIDGE 12th December 2017

Tuckerbunnies

Wise Old Thumper
Yet again for the 15th time this year we had to say goodbye to another of our precious bunnies, today to our black lop boy Jet. :cry:

Jet came to us from rescue, he was very aggressive and had been rehomed and returned time and time again for attacking other rabbits, people and their pets. We took him on and Mike worked with him and Jet became so much better. Mike and I felt to send him back to rescue would knock him back and that it would be unfair and so we decided to make him a permanent member of our Tuckerbunny Family.

He wasn't great yesterday and we felt he had a tummy upset and he was given meds but there was no change an hour later and as Mike was going to the vet's with Marshmallow who had an abscess on the side of his face he decided to take Jet as well.

The vet could feel something round his kidney area and he was booked in again today for an ultra sound. Sadly the ultra sound confirmed that both his kidneys were diseased and both were twice the size they should have been so we had no option but to let him go. We are absolutely heartbroken as the sadness just never seems to end. :cry::cry:

We Thank Jet for trusting us enough to let us in to his world and hopefully we made it better for him we are just sad and heartbroken that we could not make him better :cry:

Binky free forever at the Bridge handsome Jet all well again and always remember we love you to the moon and back , always and forever .
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

24993194_947977072025056_7208463804228623321_n.jpg

Yet again for the 15th time this year we had to say goodbye to another of our precious bunnies, today to our black lop boy Jet. :cry:

Jet came to us from rescue, he was very aggressive and had been rehomed and returned time and time again for attacking other rabbits, people and their pets. We took him on and Mike worked with him and Jet became so much better. Mike and I felt to send him back to rescue would knock him back and that it would be unfair and so we decided to make him a permanent member of our Tuckerbunny Family.

He wasn't great yesterday and we felt he had a tummy upset and he was given meds but there was no change an hour later and as Mike was going to the vet's with Marshmallow who had an abscess on the side of his face he decided to take Jet as well.

The vet could feel something round his kidney area and he was booked in again today for an ultra sound. Sadly the ultra sound confirmed that both his kidneys were diseased and both were twice the size they should have been so we had no option but to let him go. We are absolutely heartbroken as the sadness just never seems to end. :cry::cry:

We Thank Jet for trusting us enough to let us in to his world and hopefully we made it better for him we are just sad and heartbroken that we could not make him better :cry:

Binky free forever at the Bridge handsome Jet all well again and always remember we love you to the moon and back , always and forever .
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

24993194_947977072025056_7208463804228623321_n.jpg

I am so very sorry to read this :(

I'm so sorry that you have lost lovely Jet, he had a wonderful life with you. Binky free little one xx

Oh no I'm so sorry you've had another loss this year, I'm hoping that 2018 will be a fresh start for you and your bunnies with good health.
RIP Jet xx

So sorry to read this. Such a gorgeous rabbit. But you gave him a life full of happiness and love and made a huge difference to his life. You gave him that chance and his life and memories will be treasured by you all. Sending you hugs - craig xx

Back