Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shed Roof Felt is tearing off. U/Date All done!

Good luck! I'd offer to do it (me and the OH make a great shed-erection team!) but I can't fit in a trip to IOW this side of Christmas
    The geeky one...

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by keletkezes View Post
    Good luck! I'd offer to do it (me and the OH make a great shed-erection team!) but I can't fit in a trip to IOW this side of Christmas
    Aw that is kind of you. My hayman has a mate who might be able to do it, some time! I asked him this morning, so we will see.

Mama Doe

Roofing felt is much easier to deal with when it's warm - so if you can store it somewhere inside the night before, it will roll out better with less risk of cracking or tearing. Doing the job right rather than just a patch will always be a better result, and may make it more appealing to a buyer in Spring (even if they will have to redo it). At least you can get a good pic when it's done and the inside will stay dry.

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmer View Post
    Roofing felt is much easier to deal with when it's warm - so if you can store it somewhere inside the night before, it will roll out better with less risk of cracking or tearing. Doing the job
    right rather than just a patch will always be a better result, and may make it more appealing to a buyer in Spring (even if they will have to redo it). At least you can get a good pic when it's done and the inside will stay dry.
    That's a good point about it being easier when warm! I can't do photos, I must learn then I might actually sell something. The man is coming on Fridy tto have a look.

Wise Old Thumper

Someone is coming this morning to give me an estimate as the other person didn't come! The price of sheds has gone down apparently and I wouldn't get very much if I sold this one. So, as someone advised, it will be best to have the whole roof done.

Wise Old Thumper

Man came yesterday and put 2 new pieces on the flat bits but left the apex bit as that was fairly new. Charges me 30 which I thought was very reasonable.

Mama Doe

Brilliant.

Great result. Now you just need a good old downpour to test it. Shouldnt be a problem!

30 sounds like a good deal Glad to hear it's done!
    The geeky one...

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.