• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Molly now has GI stasis...

LarryMolly

Warren Scout
I’m lost for words right now. We’ve just admitted Molly and Indy as Molly now has gut stasis. She has bloat and they need to keep an eye on it.

How can this be happening after Indy had stasis last week. What can we be doing wrong. It’s all a huge shame it really is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m lost for words right now. We’ve just admitted Molly and Indy as Molly now has gut stasis. She has bloat and they need to keep an eye on it.

How can this be happening after Indy had stasis last week. What can we be doing wrong. It’s all a huge shame it really is.

You're not doing anything wrong at all. These things happen, it's just bad luck.

Perhaps it's a little to do with what we were talking about, a bit of stress maybe? But there again I'm not entirely sure.

I am sending loads of vibes for you all.

Oh no! I've had to deal with a few cases of stasis, it's so hard and somethimes there doesn't appear to be one particular trigger

You're not doing anything wrong at all. These things happen, it's just bad luck.

Perhaps it's a little to do with what we were talking about, a bit of stress maybe? But there again I'm not entirely sure.

I am sending loads of vibes for you all.

Thank you MightyMax. It’s so hard to know, I wish we could ask them, everything would be so much easier. Thank you very much for the vibes x

Thank you MightyMax. It’s so hard to know, I wish we could ask them, everything would be so much easier. Thank you very much for the vibes x

Have you had any updates? When are you likely to hear anything?

Have you had any updates? When are you likely to hear anything?

I haven’t heard anything but I’m taking that as a good sign. She said that they’d call in the night if she takes a turn for the worst but if all is stable or improves then they will call in the morning. Fingers crossed for a positive morning phone call.

I haven’t heard anything but I’m taking that as a good sign. She said that they’d call in the night if she takes a turn for the worst but if all is stable or improves then they will call in the morning. Fingers crossed for a positive morning phone call.

Yes, fingers and toes crossed xxx

We do have good news. We’ve just brought Molly and Indy home. The vet said her tummy is feeling a lot better and they are no longer worried about bloat. We took her to the vets within 10 minutes of her going downhill as we were with her at the time, thank goodness. It’s scary how fast she changed.

She is on the mend and has nibbled a few things at the vets and a spring green since being home and we have drugs to give her for the next 5 days.

I was thinking about the cause, and we have been weaning them slowly onto science selective grain free pellets from naturals meadow menu pellets because Poppy needs more fibre and also because amazon are now only selling the naturals as an add on item which makes it a lot harder to get. So we thought we’d change them all over. Larry and Poppy are great on the new pellets but Molly and Indy have both had stasis since the we’ve introduced them. I thought it was meant to be a good pellet but maybe it’s too rich or gassy for Molly and Indy... Or of course, it may be nothing to do with the pellets at all.

Pleased to hear Molly is back home and much better. It sounds as if it could have been the changeover of pellets, maybe these 2 are much more sensitive than your other 2.

We do have good news. We’ve just brought Molly and Indy home. The vet said her tummy is feeling a lot better and they are no longer worried about bloat. We took her to the vets within 10 minutes of her going downhill as we were with her at the time, thank goodness. It’s scary how fast she changed.

She is on the mend and has nibbled a few things at the vets and a spring green since being home and we have drugs to give her for the next 5 days.

I was thinking about the cause, and we have been weaning them slowly onto science selective grain free pellets from naturals meadow menu pellets because Poppy needs more fibre and also because amazon are now only selling the naturals as an add on item which makes it a lot harder to get. So we thought we’d change them all over. Larry and Poppy are great on the new pellets but Molly and Indy have both had stasis since the we’ve introduced them. I thought it was meant to be a good pellet but maybe it’s too rich or gassy for Molly and Indy... Or of course, it may be nothing to do with the pellets at all.

I'm glad to hear the good news :)

The science selective seems to be higher in protein and fibre than the naturals, but whether that's the cause, I possibly doubt it.

I hope she's still doing well? x

There may be an ingredient that doesn't agree with them, my bunny can't eat burgess pellets or any veg or forage as if upsets his tummy

Back