• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Rabbit not eating after dental

Elke

New Kit
Very frustrating :cry:

I took him back to the vet the day i started this post and they gave me some metacam and stuff to get his stomach moving what with him not really eating. Also still to carry on with his antibiotics.

What i hadn't noticed was he had been eating his blanket, and continued to do this so I had to remove that.

Days have passed and i have tried soaking his pellets so they go soft and he ate a bowl of them. Since then he refuses to touch any pellets even if i leave them as normal. Still isn't drinking all that much considering he used to drink a bowl of water a day. When i let him out he wants to chew everything and eat everything thats not meant for eating..walls, wallpaper, wellies, cardboard, blankets etc. He was eating dandelion leaves but they are giving him an upset stomach as i expected and he isn't all that keen now.

I've been and bought loads of different things, treats he used to like, burgess excel complete food cubes, different kinds of hay, i have tried grass from the garden but all he has eaten is some dry forage stuff i got from pets at home and even then very little. Seems very keen on carrots but again giving him an upset stomach. I don't know what else to do, i don't understand why his eating habits haven't returned to normal..

Dear Lisa
My bunny had a aptly the same procedure done last Thursday and I'd is behaving in the exact same way as yours.
We are at the end of our watts and do not know what else to do to get him eating again.went back to vets on Monday for follow up. They weight him and he lost 200 gr since t they weight him before the procedure. Critical he will not take. Srynging him with the antibiotics and painkillers from the vets but he absolutely hates the whole procedures. He now runs away from as soon as he suspects as we want to pick him up or come near him.
Long story all what young and described is what we are doing and have done or experiencing!
How did you solve the problem how did your bunny get back to normal.im so so worried that we may lose him!!!
Any suggestions or help much appreciated
Thank you very much
Elke, Barney's mummy

Dear Lisa
My bunny had a aptly the same procedure done last Thursday and I'd is behaving in the exact same way as yours.
We are at the end of our watts and do not know what else to do to get him eating again.went back to vets on Monday for follow up. They weight him and he lost 200 gr since t they weight him before the procedure. Critical he will not take. Srynging him with the antibiotics and painkillers from the vets but he absolutely hates the whole procedures. He now runs away from as soon as he suspects as we want to pick him up or come near him.
Long story all what young and described is what we are doing and have done or experiencing!
How did you solve the problem how did your bunny get back to normal.im so so worried that we may lose him!!!
Any suggestions or help much appreciated
Thank you very much
Elke, Barney's mummy
This post is a few years old so you may not get a response from the original poster.

Please can you provide details on what your bunny has had done, what medicines they are on at the moment and what they are eating each day?

If you don't get many responses you may be better to start your own thread.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

This post is a few years old so you may not get a response from the original poster.

Please can you provide details on what your bunny has had done, what medicines they are on at the moment and what they are eating each day?

I have asked a Mod if they can move Elke's post to make a new thread :)

***bump***

Back