• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Runaround door or catflap?

Ponymad21

Warren Scout
I want to add my bunny's run to the side of his shed, considering price and security which would you recommend: a runaround door (standard or double glazed) or a catflap?

I have no doubts that he would be able to use a cat flap

I have both. The cat flap to go into the run and the runaround door for the tunnel onto the lawn (shut off at night) . 4 of my 5 bunnies can use the cat flap, but Dave has not worked it out yet so Ive had to tape it open. It's quite new so hopefully he'll learn. The positive thing about the cat flap is that it keeps the drafts out (unless it's held open by tape so that silly rabbits don't get shut out in the cold run...)

I have both. The cat flap to go into the run and the runaround door for the tunnel onto the lawn (shut off at night) . 4 of my 5 bunnies can use the cat flap, but Dave has not worked it out yet so Ive had to tape it open. It's quite new so hopefully he'll learn. The positive thing about the cat flap is that it keeps the drafts out (unless it's held open by tape so that silly rabbits don't get shut out in the cold run...)

He's quite bold so I think he'll work the Catflap out, I'll just shake a bowl of pellets the other side!

What are cat flaps like to attach to sheds

I didn't do it myself, a friend just cut a hole in the wood using a jig saw (there was a template in the box) and then screwed it on. It was quite fiddly and I had to sit in the attached aviary lining it up so he could see where it went. Any reasonably diy competent person (i.e., not me lol) should be able to do it. Ive got 2 in the side of my shed (2 lots of bunnies live in it) and it seems fine. My trio love it and pop in and out all the time. The other one as I said before has to be taped open as Dave can't yet use it.... im too worried about shutting it in case he gets stuck out in the run. Ill wait for a warmer day and give it a try...

Back