Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Still sneezing, new medication

ello mate, sorry to take ages to reply! work and that aha

shes fine just rang the vet.... hes not too happy with us by the sounds of it but o well, hes looking in to another medicen
    which I think (bar me mishearing what it was called but will double check) isn't on this list you sent me

http://www.medirabbit.com/Unsafe_med...ntibiotics.htm

fingers crossed it works, just waiting for a call back to see if they can get it

Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    ello mate, sorry to take ages to reply! work and that aha

shes fine just rang the vet.... hes not too happy with us by the sounds of it but o well, hes looking in to another medicen
    which I think (bar me mishearing what it was called but will double check) isn't on this list you sent me

http://www.medirabbit.com/Unsafe_med...ntibiotics.htm

fingers crossed it works, just waiting for a call back to see if they can get it

Glad to hear she is OK

Sorry your vet isn't too happy, but you are paying him for a service, so I guess you're entitled to query something if you're worried about it?

Thank you! shes still sneezy and in need of something tho!

I think the new one is called Trimethoprim (kind of a older drug apparently) but I may of misheard,

and I agree completely! better to slightly annoy him then harm marnie! plus he should be happy there getting a extra 14 pound from me lol

Thank you! shes still sneezy and in need of something tho!

I think the new one is called Trimethoprim (kind of a older drug apparently) but I may of misheard,

and I agree completely! better to slightly annoy him then harm marnie! plus he should be happy there getting a extra 14 pound from me lol

Yes, Trimethoprim Sulpha is a well established drug. I am sure you are right

he said less risk, but might mean not as good results.. trying this willbetter then putting marnie at a unessasery risk in my eyes

thank you max

he said less risk, but might mean not as good results.. trying this willbetter then putting marnie at a unessasery risk in my eyes

thank you max

What dose rate of baytril has been given? The text books often say 5-10mg/kg twice a day - my vet prescribes 20mg/kg once a day and finds it very effective at this higher dose. Its mode of action is dependent on peak concentration so a higher dose once a day is more effective than a lower dose twice a day. If the swab showed sensitivity to baytril it may be better to discuss sticking to it but at a different dose. Sulfatrim is inactivated by pus so tends not to work well for snotty/nasal type infections as it can't get to the root of the infection. Good luck with your little one x