Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: After spay, no poops?

I really hope all is well today. It must have been a stressful experience!

Use of Infacol seems one of those confusing things these days. I remember when I first joined here everyone was using it for bunny tummies (and it must have helped some or I doubt it would have been so popular), and now seems used less. I've forgotten all the reasons why, but one of them was to do with dispersion of gas and rabbits not being able to burp like humans.
    Sarah.

RIP Dusty and Clover xxx
    Harry hamster
    Misty and Pearl guinea pigs

Quote Originally Posted by SarahP View Post

Use of Infacol seems one of those confusing things these days. I remember when I first joined here everyone was using it for bunny tummies (and it must have helped some or I doubt it would have been so popular), and now seems used less. I've forgotten all the reasons why, but one of them was to do with dispersion of gas and rabbits not being able to burp like humans.

The way Infacol works is to gather up small gas bubbles (which on the whole don't respond well to gut contractions) into larger bubbles. These larger bubbles are far easier to pass with the rabbit's gut contractions.

It's still my 'go to' when a rabbit exhibits signs of stasis, but I think tummy rubs are equally important. You can't do those when a rabbit's just been spayed though. I've had a lot of stick for trying it first before taking a rabbit to the vet

Quote Originally Posted by SarahP View Post

It really was haha she's still not really eating but I'm leaving her to nibble and she's still passing stuff currently so just hoping she starts eating more tbh.

She ate some wet veggies last night is it okay for her just to be eating those for a few days? Because that's the only thing she's kinda interested in xx

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

When my bunny Honey got spayed, she was on metacam but wasn't touching anything. She was also given tramadol and it made such a difference. She tended to pick for the first 48 hours but she always went straight for the fresh herbs. Can you possibly try her with some fresh herbs; Parsley, Basil, Corriander, Dill..

topping up the vibes for your gorgeous girl and hope shes okay xxx
    Rest in peace my beautiful fur babies - Tango, Whiskey, Harvey & Honey **Forever in my heart**

She's stopped popping again

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthyjones89 View Post
    When my bunny Honey got spayed, she was on metacam but wasn't touching anything. She was also given tramadol and it made such a difference. She tended to pick for the first 48 hours but she always went straight for the fresh herbs. Can you possibly try her with some fresh herbs; Parsley, Basil, Corriander, Dill..

topping up the vibes for your gorgeous girl and hope shes okay xxx
    Yea she has all of those herbs and some kale, mint, spinach,watercress can't remember what else I put in the bowl haha she's nibbling them and hay but just no poops again I've given cc again xx

Wise Old Thumper

Is she still having Emeprid and Tramadol? How long is it since she produced any poop? How much is she eating?

Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    Is she still having Emeprid and Tramadol? How long is it since she produced any poop? How much is she eating?
    Yes she has tramadol and loxicom 7am and pm and Emeprid 12.30am and pm.

Hasn't produced any since this morning she's been nibbling hay but not really eating much. I gave cc at 5pm going to give her more at 7pm because currently she's nibbling some forage. She has lots of veggies too she's nibbled some but again not much. She's peeing just not passing any poop.

I didn't give cc all day because she seemed to be nibbling bits and pieces so I figured she's pass some poops... But clearly not..

Quote Originally Posted by Graciee View Post
    Yes she has tramadol and loxicom 7am and pm and Emeprid 12.30am and pm.

Hasn't produced any since this morning she's been nibbling hay but not really eating much. I gave cc at 5pm going to give her more at 7pm because currently she's nibbling some forage. She has lots of veggies too she's nibbled some but again not much. She's peeing just not passing any poop.

I didn't give cc all day because she seemed to be nibbling bits and pieces so I figured she's pass some poops... But clearly not..

When was the last poop?

To encourage you, the last doe I had spayed took at least three days to eat or poop anything at all. And she is fine

Wise Old Thumper

Yes, I would continue to top her up with some cc, as she's not eating much. Hopefully also the next dose of pain relief at 7pm will make her feel a bit more comfortable.