• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

After spay, no poops?

Pleased she's back home - have you any Readigrass if no fresh grass?
Ah yes I keep forgetting about readigrass MightyMax said about that to me before for fibre haha - thank you :) I have fresh grass also however it's covered in snow... Plus they said to keep her stitches dry so I'll pick some maybe for her x

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

She doesn't look so good :( also she's pulling 'normal' poops out of her bum... Like the ones she shouldn't eat and eating bits of them... What does this mean? :(

She doesn't look so good :( also she's pulling 'normal' poops out of her bum... Like the ones she shouldn't eat and eating bits of them... What does this mean? :(

Don't worry about her eating those poos for the time being. She doesn't look good?

Is she on Metacam, two gut motilities (possibly Cisapride and Metaclopromide? - though they go by other names ..) and has the vet given you any Zantac/Ranitidine to protect the stomach?

Are you continuing with Infacol? You can - it's not contra-indicated with any meds and won't do any harm.

Thinking of you xx

Ah yes I keep forgetting about readigrass MightyMax said about that to me before for fibre haha - thank you :) I have fresh grass also however it's covered in snow... Plus they said to keep her stitches dry so I'll pick some maybe for her x

:thumb: Yes, it's good.

You could also break up the fibafirst and mix it with a little fruit - a bit of apple or pear? Or even carrot to make it more tasty.

Don't worry about her eating those poos for the time being. She doesn't look good?

Is she on Metacam, two gut motilities (possibly Cisapride and Metaclopromide? - though they go by other names ..) and has the vet given you any Zantac/Ranitidine to protect the stomach?

Are you continuing with Infacol? You can - it's not contra-indicated with any meds and won't do any harm.

Thinking of you xx

No she was sitting in her litter tray shutting her eyes but slightly shaking? But then she passed some poops after about 5 mins of that and perked up again :( she's got Emeprid and Cisapride and tramadol - no loxicom anymore vet said to stop. Nothing to protect her stomach.. I could ring up tomorrow and ask they give some, think it might help? I haven't given any infacol for a few days as I thought things were slightly improving until today but I might give her some more after her gut motility meds in about 30 mins.

Thanks xxx

No she was sitting in her litter tray shutting her eyes but slightly shaking? But then she passed some poops after about 5 mins of that and perked up again :( she's got Emeprid and Cisapride and tramadol - no loxicom anymore vet said to stop. Nothing to protect her stomach.. I could ring up tomorrow and ask they give some, think it might help? I haven't given any infacol for a few days as I thought things were slightly improving until today but I might give her some more after her gut motility meds in about 30 mins.

Thanks xxx

I always find it good to have some Ranitidine/Zantac in stock, as it's so useful on these occasions. It also has mild gut motility properties as well as protecting the stomach.

I found that one of my rabbits couldn't take Tramadol without the Zantac first, as it was hard on her stomach. It's not the case for all rabbits, but you could ask your vet about it.

How is she doing? x

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
She's pooping more now and starting to eat more so hopefully she's getting over everything :) have another vet appointment tomorrow so hoping I'll be able to stop giving her all the meds soon, thanks for asking :) x

She's pooping more now and starting to eat more so hopefully she's getting over everything :) have another vet appointment tomorrow so hoping I'll be able to stop giving her all the meds soon, thanks for asking :) x

Lots of luck. The only advice I can really give is to gradually wean off one drug at a time. It gives more chance for her body to adjust x

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Sounds good :D

I was hoping for another update on this. I don't post much these days but had been following. Glad things are looking good.

I was hoping for another update on this. I don't post much these days but had been following. Glad things are looking good.
Thank you :) she does seem to be doing better, just hope once off the meds she continues doing so well x

Back