• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

After spay, no poops?

When was the last poop?

To encourage you, the last doe I had spayed took at least three days to eat or poop anything at all. And she is fine :)
This morning, there was quite a few poops and I cleaned her cage and changed her vet beds about 12. So absolutely no poops since then. That does make me feel better actually thanks :) xx

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Is critical care just hay basically? When she spits some out it falls on my hand... And my hand has come out in a massive rash [emoji23] its all going well...

Is critical care just hay basically? When she spits some out it falls on my hand... And my hand has come out in a massive rash [emoji23] its all going well...

Well the list of ingredients ....

Timothy Grass Meal, Soybean Hulls, Soybean Meal, Wheat Germ, Xanthan Gum, Calcium Chloride, Cane Molasses, Salt, Potassium Chloride, Hydrated Sodium Chloride, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate, Soybean Oil, Papaya, Pineapple, Natural Flavor, Oat Groats, Wheat Middlings, Yeast Culture (dehydrated), Limestone, Vitamin E Supplement, Choline Chloride, Zinc Proteinate, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Niacin, Copper Sulfate, Selenium Yeast, Vitamin A Supplement, Folic Acid, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Copper Proteinate, Riboflavin Supplement, Manganese Proteinate, Biotin, Manganous Oxide, Thiamine Mononitrate, Magnesium Sulfate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Sodium Selenite, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Cobalt Carbonate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Calcium Iodate, Ethylenediamine Dihydriodide, Bacillus coagulans, Enterococcus faecium, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus plantarium, Lactobacillus bulgaricus.

..... the main ingredient is hay, as you say. Then there's the rest which I guess you could be allergic to?

Well the list of ingredients ....

Timothy Grass Meal, Soybean Hulls, Soybean Meal, Wheat Germ, Xanthan Gum, Calcium Chloride, Cane Molasses, Salt, Potassium Chloride, Hydrated Sodium Chloride, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate, Soybean Oil, Papaya, Pineapple, Natural Flavor, Oat Groats, Wheat Middlings, Yeast Culture (dehydrated), Limestone, Vitamin E Supplement, Choline Chloride, Zinc Proteinate, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Niacin, Copper Sulfate, Selenium Yeast, Vitamin A Supplement, Folic Acid, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Copper Proteinate, Riboflavin Supplement, Manganese Proteinate, Biotin, Manganous Oxide, Thiamine Mononitrate, Magnesium Sulfate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Sodium Selenite, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Cobalt Carbonate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Calcium Iodate, Ethylenediamine Dihydriodide, Bacillus coagulans, Enterococcus faecium, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus plantarium, Lactobacillus bulgaricus.

..... the main ingredient is hay, as you say. Then there's the rest which I guess you could be allergic to?

Definitely allergic haha ah well could be anything there's so many things in it x

Still the same really, she's starting to eat more but isn't passing much.. And when she does they're tiny poos x

Well at least she is eating and passing poops, which is good.

Keep going with everything you have, and I should give the vet a call just to make them aware and see what they say.

Have you got a post-spay check up booked? It's usually about three days after the op and is part of the spay package.

Well at least she is eating and passing poops, which is good.

Keep going with everything you have, and I should give the vet a call just to make them aware and see what they say.

Have you got a post-spay check up booked? It's usually about three days after the op and is part of the spay package.

Yea we're going Monday, unless things get worse I'm just gunna let her be she seems really happy, wants all the strokes, jumps out onto my leg (hope her stitches are okay) it's just the small and less than normal poops that worry me, maybe theyll improve as she eats more

Yea we're going Monday, unless things get worse I'm just gunna let her be she seems really happy, wants all the strokes, jumps out onto my leg (hope her stitches are okay) it's just the small and less than normal poops that worry me, maybe theyll improve as she eats more

Yes, hopefully they will get bigger.

I tend to make critical care fairly runny so that they get max moisture.

Can you give her stitches a little check sometime today maybe?

Yes, hopefully they will get bigger.

I tend to make critical care fairly runny so that they get max moisture.

Can you give her stitches a little check sometime today maybe?

Yea I was making it quite runny, but she's drinking by herself now. Yes her stitches look good, been checking them a few times each day - she doesn't seem to be in pain anymore either :)

Yea I was making it quite runny, but she's drinking by herself now. Yes her stitches look good, been checking them a few times each day - she doesn't seem to be in pain anymore either :)

You are doing a brilliant job :D

Had post op check, I said about her only passing very small poops they checked her blood glucose again and it's high so they're keeping her in and doing 2 xrays and giving her more pain medication and fluids :( gotta go back at 6.30 to discuss what to do next :(

Had post op check, I said about her only passing very small poops they checked her blood glucose again and it's high so they're keeping her in and doing 2 xrays and giving her more pain medication and fluids :( gotta go back at 6.30 to discuss what to do next :(

Oh no, I'm so sorry :(

However, it does sound like you have a very attentive vet and is not taking any chances. That's at least a good thing :)

She's home now, she had two xrays the first one showed she had a lot of gas :( but managed to pass it and the second xray looked a lot better. They've given me another motility medication to use aswell as Emeprid. Vet also said to get her fibre up... How do I do this? She's eating hay.. And some pellets but won't eat fibrefirst tho, so not sure what else I can feed?

Back