Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: After spay, no poops?

Quote Originally Posted by daphnephoebe View Post
    You can up the feed to every hour if you'd like and she is tolerating it. If there are any brambles in your garden, offer her a couple leaves... for some reason buns like them when they aren't feeling too great.

Don't forget you can also call the OOH vets for advice & info. They can advise if she needs to be seen tonight & they might have some meds they can give OTC or to help put your mind at rest they may be able to give her a check over for you tonight x

ETA - I'm going to bed now but will check on first thing in the morning. Make use of the OOH vets if you've any concerns about her progress xx

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
    Thanks for your help, they're very far away from me unfortunately I just wish she'd poop - anyway night and thanks for everything x

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Do you have a print out of what she was given at the vets? Probably had a gut motility injection along with pain relief.
    Sarah.

RIP Dusty and Clover xxx
    Harry hamster
    Misty and Pearl guinea pigs

Quote Originally Posted by SarahP View Post
    Do you have a print out of what she was given at the vets? Probably had a gut motility injection along with pain relief.
    Print out doesn't have the breakdown of what she was given unfortunately

Have you tried syringe feeding warm water? In my experience that was good for restarting a slowing gut. Or, even better, peppermint tea.
    Sarah.

RIP Dusty and Clover xxx
    Harry hamster
    Misty and Pearl guinea pigs

Warren Scout

My little one Beatrice was very poorly for three days after her spay. We had to syringe feed her to make sure she didn't shut down, but even then it took her a while to poop. We mixed up a concoction of banana and pureed pellets to try and tempt her appetite. We also found that buying her a snugglesafe helped to make her tummy feel less sore. She is a beautiful rabbit, by the way. Sending you my best wishes <3

Quote Originally Posted by SarahP View Post
    Have you tried syringe feeding warm water? In my experience that was good for restarting a slowing gut. Or, even better, peppermint tea.
    On that now thanks I'd never have thought of that xx

Quote Originally Posted by Beapig View Post
    My little one Beatrice was very poorly for three days after her spay. We had to syringe feed her to make sure she didn't shut down, but even then it took her a while to poop. We mixed up a concoction of banana and pureed pellets to try and tempt her appetite. We also found that buying her a snugglesafe helped to make her tummy feel less sore. She is a beautiful rabbit, by the way. Sending you my best wishes <3
    Thank you so much my other two needed aftercare but they still pooped so she's really scared me haha I have a snugglesafe for her but was gunna wait til tomorrow incase she fell asleep got too hot and didn't realise because of anesthetic (I may be crazy) but maybe I should heat it up for her thanks for suggestion xx

Out of hours costs £150 just because it's after 11pm and £50 for appointment wow... Not sure how that can exsist when vets4pets will charge you normal consultation price

Grace - I have been out and come back to see your thread.

What's the update?
    RHD2 info updated: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...-December-2017

“Choose to be optimistic, it feels better!” ... Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    Grace - I have been out and come back to see your thread.

What's the update?
    Well nothing yet, fed her three times now just hoping she'll do something - if not I've spoken to vets4pets and they've said they'll give me Emeprid shot or liquid my choice but to keep doing what I'm doing and call them back if I want the Emeprid - so I'm hoping by 12 I'll know what I'm doing thanks for checking in xx