• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

After spay, no poops?

Thank you :) she's eaten a few pieces of hay which is a good start and there's a couple of poos now since she's had the Emeprid xx

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
I hope she is continuing to munch away x

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Fresh grass is their favourite after a spay if it's possible for you to pick some. Hope she continues to recover today. xx
Is it safe to pick some? Or is it just mown grass cuttings that are bad? I can easily get some tho :) thanks xx

More poos, still not really eating, managed to get her to nibble on some veggies tho :) hoping she just picks up now in her own time. She's had tramadol and loxicom and the crying has stopped too xx

Is it safe to pick some? Or is it just mown grass cuttings that are bad? I can easily get some tho :) thanks xx

Grass is OK if it is freshly picked and not left to hang around uneaten.

More poos, still not really eating, managed to get her to nibble on some veggies tho :) hoping she just picks up now in her own time. She's had tramadol and loxicom and the crying has stopped too xx

I am glad there are more poos :)

I really hope she picks up. Did the Infacol, if you got it, work? The disadvantage is that if a doe recently spayed gets stasis you can't do tummy rubs, which are very helpful

Vibes for you both Grace xx

I am glad there are more poos :)

I really hope she picks up. Did the Infacol, if you got it, work? The disadvantage is that if a doe recently spayed gets stasis you can't do tummy rubs, which are very helpful

Vibes for you both Grace xx

Yea I did exactly what you suggested, it was about an hour or so after that she started to pass more poops so I'm guessing it helped a lot :) I've not syringe fed her since about 2pm now as she's starting to nibble (hoping it's enough) will only start again if poops stop I think or she stops nibbling, thank you for all your help :) xx

Yea I did exactly what you suggested, it was about an hour or so after that she started to pass more poops so I'm guessing it helped a lot :) I've not syringe fed her since about 2pm now as she's starting to nibble (hoping it's enough) will only start again if poops stop I think or she stops nibbling, thank you for all your help :) xx

Hey, you're really welcome, and I'm glad the Infacol helped!

I've been slammed on here for using it, even though vets agree that 'it does no harm' :D

So I hope you'll recommend it to other rabbit owners now you know it might help .. it's mentioned in this article too:

http://rabbit.org/gastrointestinal-stasis-the-silent-killer-2/

I probably said, but you can use 1ml every hour for three doses, and then three times daily for as long as necessary.

Hey, you're really welcome, and I'm glad the Infacol helped!

I've been slammed on here for using it, even though vets agree that 'it does no harm' :D

So I hope you'll recommend it to other rabbit owners now you know it might help .. it's mentioned in this article too:

http://rabbit.org/gastrointestinal-stasis-the-silent-killer-2/

I probably said, but you can use 1ml every hour for three doses, and then three times daily for as long as necessary.

Yea I'm convinced it helped her, she also looked happier after passing more 'golden boulders' too haha. I think at the end of the day as an owner you have to decide and take responsibility of what you decide to give/do with your animal. I asked for any advice /help but it's my choice whether to act on it. If I'm honest it saved us going to the vet in the middle of the night and the vet this morning said it could only have helped and was a good idea :)

I really appreciated everyone's help, advice and good thoughts xxx

Yea I'm convinced it helped her, she also looked happier after passing more 'golden boulders' too haha. I think at the end of the day as an owner you have to decide and take responsibility of what you decide to give/do with your animal. I asked for any advice /help but it's my choice whether to act on it. If I'm honest it saved us going to the vet in the middle of the night and the vet this morning said it could only have helped and was a good idea :)

I really appreciated everyone's help, advice and good thoughts xxx

Agree :thumb::D

I really hope all is well today. It must have been a stressful experience!

Use of Infacol seems one of those confusing things these days. I remember when I first joined here everyone was using it for bunny tummies (and it must have helped some or I doubt it would have been so popular), and now seems used less. I've forgotten all the reasons why, but one of them was to do with dispersion of gas and rabbits not being able to burp like humans.

Use of Infacol seems one of those confusing things these days. I remember when I first joined here everyone was using it for bunny tummies (and it must have helped some or I doubt it would have been so popular), and now seems used less. I've forgotten all the reasons why, but one of them was to do with dispersion of gas and rabbits not being able to burp like humans.

The way Infacol works is to gather up small gas bubbles (which on the whole don't respond well to gut contractions) into larger bubbles. These larger bubbles are far easier to pass with the rabbit's gut contractions.

It's still my 'go to' when a rabbit exhibits signs of stasis, but I think tummy rubs are equally important. You can't do those when a rabbit's just been spayed though. I've had a lot of stick for trying it first before taking a rabbit to the vet :lol:

It really was haha she's still not really eating but I'm leaving her to nibble and she's still passing stuff currently so just hoping she starts eating more tbh.

She ate some wet veggies last night is it okay for her just to be eating those for a few days? Because that's the only thing she's kinda interested in xx

When my bunny Honey got spayed, she was on metacam but wasn't touching anything. She was also given tramadol and it made such a difference. She tended to pick for the first 48 hours but she always went straight for the fresh herbs. Can you possibly try her with some fresh herbs; Parsley, Basil, Corriander, Dill..

topping up the vibes for your gorgeous girl and hope shes okay xxx

When my bunny Honey got spayed, she was on metacam but wasn't touching anything. She was also given tramadol and it made such a difference. She tended to pick for the first 48 hours but she always went straight for the fresh herbs. Can you possibly try her with some fresh herbs; Parsley, Basil, Corriander, Dill..

topping up the vibes for your gorgeous girl and hope shes okay xxx

Yea she has all of those herbs and some kale, mint, spinach,watercress can't remember what else I put in the bowl haha she's nibbling them and hay but just no poops again :( I've given cc again xx

Is she still having Emeprid and Tramadol? How long is it since she produced any poop? How much is she eating?

Is she still having Emeprid and Tramadol? How long is it since she produced any poop? How much is she eating?
Yes she has tramadol and loxicom 7am and pm and Emeprid 12.30am and pm.

Hasn't produced any since this morning she's been nibbling hay but not really eating much. I gave cc at 5pm going to give her more at 7pm because currently she's nibbling some forage. She has lots of veggies too she's nibbled some but again not much. She's peeing just not passing any poop.

I didn't give cc all day because she seemed to be nibbling bits and pieces so I figured she's pass some poops... But clearly not.. :(

Yes she has tramadol and loxicom 7am and pm and Emeprid 12.30am and pm.

Hasn't produced any since this morning she's been nibbling hay but not really eating much. I gave cc at 5pm going to give her more at 7pm because currently she's nibbling some forage. She has lots of veggies too she's nibbled some but again not much. She's peeing just not passing any poop.

I didn't give cc all day because she seemed to be nibbling bits and pieces so I figured she's pass some poops... But clearly not.. :(

When was the last poop?

To encourage you, the last doe I had spayed took at least three days to eat or poop anything at all. And she is fine :)

Yes, I would continue to top her up with some cc, as she's not eating much. Hopefully also the next dose of pain relief at 7pm will make her feel a bit more comfortable.

Back