Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: After spay, no poops?

Wise Old Thumper

Pleased she's back home - have you any Readigrass if no fresh grass?

Quote Originally Posted by tonibun View Post
    Pleased she's back home - have you any Readigrass if no fresh grass?
    Ah yes I keep forgetting about readigrass MightyMax said about that to me before for fibre haha - thank you I have fresh grass also however it's covered in snow... Plus they said to keep her stitches dry so I'll pick some maybe for her x

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

She doesn't look so good also she's pulling 'normal' poops out of her bum... Like the ones she shouldn't eat and eating bits of them... What does this mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Graciee View Post
    She doesn't look so good also she's pulling 'normal' poops out of her bum... Like the ones she shouldn't eat and eating bits of them... What does this mean?

Don't worry about her eating those poos for the time being. She doesn't look good?

Is she on Metacam, two gut motilities (possibly Cisapride and Metaclopromide? - though they go by other names ..) and has the vet given you any Zantac/Ranitidine to protect the stomach?

Are you continuing with Infacol? You can - it's not contra-indicated with any meds and won't do any harm.

Thinking of you xx

Ah yes I keep forgetting about readigrass MightyMax said about that to me before for fibre haha - thank you I have fresh grass also however it's covered in snow... Plus they said to keep her stitches dry so I'll pick some maybe for her x

Yes, it's good.

You could also break up the fibafirst and mix it with a little fruit - a bit of apple or pear? Or even carrot to make it more tasty.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    Don't worry about her eating those poos for the time being. She doesn't look good?

Is she on Metacam, two gut motilities (possibly Cisapride and Metaclopromide? - though they go by other names ..) and has the vet given you any Zantac/Ranitidine to protect the stomach?

Are you continuing with Infacol? You can - it's not contra-indicated with any meds and won't do any harm.

Thinking of you xx
    No she was sitting in her litter tray shutting her eyes but slightly shaking? But then she passed some poops after about 5 mins of that and perked up again she's got Emeprid and Cisapride and tramadol - no loxicom anymore vet said to stop. Nothing to protect her stomach.. I could ring up tomorrow and ask they give some, think it might help? I haven't given any infacol for a few days as I thought things were slightly improving until today but I might give her some more after her gut motility meds in about 30 mins.

Thanks xxx

No she was sitting in her litter tray shutting her eyes but slightly shaking? But then she passed some poops after about 5 mins of that and perked up again she's got Emeprid and Cisapride and tramadol - no loxicom anymore vet said to stop. Nothing to protect her stomach.. I could ring up tomorrow and ask they give some, think it might help? I haven't given any infacol for a few days as I thought things were slightly improving until today but I might give her some more after her gut motility meds in about 30 mins.

Thanks xxx

I always find it good to have some Ranitidine/Zantac in stock, as it's so useful on these occasions. It also has mild gut motility properties as well as protecting the stomach.

I found that one of my rabbits couldn't take Tramadol without the Zantac first, as it was hard on her stomach. It's not the case for all rabbits, but you could ask your vet about it.