Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: After spay, no poops?

Default After spay, no poops?

Okay so we got home about 5, carefully lifted her into her cage, she hopped a few times to her bed, and had been there ever since. She's not eaten or drank or pooped or peed. I've just given her critical care how often should I do this if she continues not to eat etc? And how long til I need to be concerned about no poops? Any advice appreciated she just seems really sleepy (which is understandable) I just wanna make sure shes okay

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Has she got extra pain relief?

I feed every 2 to 4 hours. If she's not eating by herself tomorrow I'd get in contact with your vets as she may need gut mobility meds. She should have been passing faeces before leaving the vets. Ensure you keep offering her herbs, hay, grass etc. Anything she normally likes to eat and ensure she stays warm.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
    I'm doing the Race For Life 5k in aid of Cancer Research on the 8th July. If you'd like to sponsor me, please do at the following link: https://fundraise.cancerresearchuk.o...e-for-life-204

Quote Originally Posted by daphnephoebe View Post
    Has she got extra pain relief?

I feed every 2 to 4 hours. If she's not eating by herself tomorrow I'd get in contact with your vets as she may need gut mobility meds. She should have been passing faeces before leaving the vets. Ensure you keep offering her herbs, hay, grass etc. Anything she normally likes to eat and ensure she stays warm.

She has loxicom but was told to give it to her tomorrow morning. I'll feed her that often thank you for time guide she's not interested in anything food wise and she's not produced any faeces.

Quote Originally Posted by Graciee View Post
    She has loxicom but was told to give it to her tomorrow morning. I'll feed her that often thank you for time guide she's not interested in anything food wise and she's not produced any faeces.

Good she's got some extra pain relief to keep her going.

Being in pain will stop her from wanting to eat, and if she's not eaten since leaving surgery it's possible her tummy is slowing down. If you're happy to do every 2 hours I'd recommend it - then as she starts to eat more you can leave it longer between feeds.

Any concerns call your vets for advice - they may be able to give her some gut mobility meds for tonight too x

I'm doing the Race For Life 5k in aid of Cancer Research on the 8th July. If you'd like to sponsor me, please do at the following link: https://fundraise.cancerresearchuk.o...e-for-life-204

I think loxicom starts after 24 hours - if its the same as Dillon has. I did grind pellets with some fresh basil and warm water and syringe feed Dillon this (he loves basil). Hppe all goes well

Good she's got some extra pain relief to keep her going.

Being in pain will stop her from wanting to eat, and if she's not eaten since leaving surgery it's possible her tummy is slowing down. If you're happy to do every 2 hours I'd recommend it - then as she starts to eat more you can leave it longer between feeds.

Any concerns call your vets for advice - they may be able to give her some gut mobility meds for tonight too x

Yea I'll do it every 2 hours that's fine vets closed now - how long til it's dangerous that she's not pooped? there's another vets I could probably convince to give me Emeprid if it was needed.

Yea I'll do it every 2 hours that's fine vets closed now - how long til it's dangerous that she's not pooped? there's another vets I could probably convince to give me Emeprid if it was needed.

Once you're syringe feeding she should be passing faeces within a few hours... could be up to 6 hours but normally sooner than that x
    Just keep the food going in

Once you're syringe feeding she should be passing faeces within a few hours... could be up to 6 hours but normally sooner than that x
    Just keep the food going in

Thank you so much, that's super helpful xx

Still nothing getting really worried

Still nothing getting really worried

You can up the feed to every hour if you'd like and she is tolerating it. If there are any brambles in your garden, offer her a couple leaves... for some reason buns like them when they aren't feeling too great.

Don't forget you can also call the OOH vets for advice & info. They can advise if she needs to be seen tonight & they might have some meds they can give OTC or to help put your mind at rest they may be able to give her a check over for you tonight x

ETA - I'm going to bed now but will check on first thing in the morning. Make use of the OOH vets if you've any concerns about her progress xx