• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Liquid poo...

Graciee

Staff member
I didn't get a picture in time because he stepped in it unfortunately but it was just a small puddle of brown liquid? But very dark? Not sure what to do, the other bunnies eat a lot of hay but I'm not sure about him, he gets so much hay for warmth as he's outside that I find it hard to keep track on what he's actually eating :(

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

I didn't get a picture in time because he stepped in it unfortunately but it was just a small puddle of brown liquid? But very dark? Not sure what to do, the other bunnies eat a lot of hay but I'm not sure about him, he gets so much hay for warmth as he's outside that I find it hard to keep track on what he's actually eating :(

Keep an eye on it. If it was just one small patch and no more appears, then perhaps it was a temporary stomach upset. I would take the fresh veg/fruit away for a wee while to see what happens.

Fibafirst can be a source of good long strand fibre for rabbits that don't eat too much hay or readigrass.

Some info - did it look something like the photo in here Grace?

http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/GI_diseases/Generalities/Enteritis_en.htm

Keep an eye on it. If it was just one small patch and no more appears, then perhaps it was a temporary stomach upset. I would take the fresh veg/fruit away for a wee while to see what happens.

Fibafirst can be a source of good long strand fibre for rabbits that don't eat too much hay or readigrass.

Some info - did it look something like the photo in here Grace?

http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/GI_diseases/Generalities/Enteritis_en.htm

Yep just like the picture in link, he hasn't had veg since Friday but I won't give him anymore for a few days.

Good suggestion on Fibafirst actually I've got a box here and the two girls aren't sure about them but he really likes them :) I also have readigrass I can give him some but he's not had that in like a month (I tend to forget it exsists haha) he always used to eat hay so I'm sure he does eat some... Not as much as the girls though but they get less because they aren't using it for insulation. He definitely has too much to eat.

Yep just like the picture in link, he hasn't had veg since Friday but I won't give him anymore for a few days.

Good suggestion on Fibafirst actually I've got a box here and the two girls aren't sure about them but he really likes them :) I also have readigrass I can give him some but he's not had that in like a month (I tend to forget it exsists haha) he always used to eat hay so I'm sure he does eat some... Not as much as the girls though but they get less because they aren't using it for insulation. He definitely has too much to eat.

Sounds like you have everything at hand to make a difference :)

I find Fibafirst can be a good pellet substitute where necessary, as it's fibre content is so good x

Sounds like you have everything at hand to make a difference :)

I find Fibafirst can be a good pellet substitute where necessary, as it's fibre content is so good x
Yea I just gave him two sticks instead of pellets and then he proceeded to lunge at me and bite me [emoji106] 10 minutes before he was nuzzling my hand and wanting strokes :( he really is a weird bunny now

Yea I just gave him two sticks instead of pellets and then he proceeded to lunge at me and bite me [emoji106] 10 minutes before he was nuzzling my hand and wanting strokes :( he really is a weird bunny now

Gracie I am sorry the issue still continue concerning him. I know we've discussed this .. have you had any further thoughts about it? x

Gracie I am sorry the issue still continue concerning him. I know we've discussed this .. have you had any further thoughts about it? x
Not really I don't know what to do to be honest, at least he's not in any pain according to the vet. My mum said if he continues like this I should have him put down (because he's done a lot of damage to my arms and hands) but I'd never do that. I just want to help him, I never pick him up, altho sometimes he jumps onto my lap and stands up against me and gives me kisses and I hug him and he's completely fine with it, when I go to fed him or put his snugglesafes in he's always there to say hi, I reach in to get something he's fine, but sometimes it's like he forgets who I am and sees me as a threat and just goes for me :( its always out of nowhere to so I'm never suspecting it.

Also today the hand he went for was my right one whereas he was letting me stroke him with my left. Whereas normally I'd stroke him with the right and it's fine... It just doesn't make sense to me :(

Not really I don't know what to do to be honest, at least he's not in any pain according to the vet. My mum said if he continues like this I should have him put down (because he's done a lot of damage to my arms and hands) but I'd never do that. I just want to help him, I never pick him up, altho sometimes he jumps onto my lap and stands up against me and gives me kisses and I hug him and he's completely fine with it, when I go to fed him or put his snugglesafes in he's always there to say hi, I reach in to get something he's fine, but sometimes it's like he forgets who I am and sees me as a threat and just goes for me :( its always out of nowhere to so I'm never suspecting it.

Also today the hand he went for was my right one whereas he was letting me stroke him with my left. Whereas normally I'd stroke him with the right and it's fine... It just doesn't make sense to me :(

Grace, if there's anything I can do, you will let me know won't you? xx

Back